What's new

Lost a fine friend today

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This morning I woke up to text messages and phone calls from friends and co-workers alerting me that my former boss had passed away overnight. I had worked on and off for this guy for nearly 20 years. We had become good friends over the years. He always worked hard, did the right things and always had your back. What more could you have asked for? He leaves a legacy of men and women working in the nuclear power industry that had the opportunity to work for him.

He had been fighting cancer for just over a year. At one point he was cancer free yet a few weeks ago he was at a low point. He had made a positive turn and was doing great. Despite the seriousness of this disease, it came as a surprise to all of us.

Russ and I used to really enjoy cigars together. This is one of our all time favorites.

I have several in my box for special occasions and tonight is one of those nights. Hats off my friend! It’s been and honor and a privilege to have known and worked with you since 1992. I’m gonna miss you Russ. So many of us are gonna miss you. Salute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nice tribute. In such a small community as the nuclear industry, I'm sure the loss of your friend will be felt by many.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very sorry for the loss of your friend...it always makes me sad to hear about those who love our hobby to lose friends and the cigar you have pictured is a great cigar...what a fine tribute to him. I smoke these at least once a month and what better way for me to smoke one in tribute to both of you.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The loss of a friend is a terrible thing, my condolences for your loss. I’m sure your friend would take solace in the fact that you took the time to honor him with a good smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Condolences for your loss brother, must’ve been a really good guy for you to take the time and write up a nice memorial for him.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
So sorry to hear this Gene.

My condolences on your loss and prayers for Russ’ family.