What's new

Lost cigars/U.S. Postal Service

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So Wednesday I order a lineup of the new HG sizes and a sixer of the Herrera Esteli Lonsdales. The vendor does a great job, ships that day and sends the tracking number. Package is supposed to be delivered Friday. Friday comes and no package. I had a lot going on Friday and Saturday so I didn't think much of it and figured it would be there Saturday. Saturday I have to be somewhere early and didn't get home until mid afternoon. Check the mail. No package. Now I know something is wrong. I check the tracking number and find that my package was delivered..somewhere...on FRIDAY! I live in a neighborhood that has a central mail area with lock boxes for packages. So I can only assume that the guy put my cigars in a lock box and the key in the wrong mailbox. I call the main customer service number for the PO and they opened a case on it. My local PO was closed by the time this happens so I won't be able to talk to them until Monday. What really pisses me off is that someone in my neighborhood probably has my cigars and these days I figure it is about a 50/50 chance that get them back. So that is my rant for the day. Any of your guys know how well the Post Office handles this kind of thing? Thanks for letting me vent.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
It wasnt something I ordered but I had a package from Rupe that we both opened a ticket on that never surfaced. I have the same kind of mail boxes too. I hope you have better luck with your order bud.

Cheers :ccool:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I can tell you from experience that the post office won't do shit. You may get a call in a week or two telling you that the package was delivered on xxx date. They are awful about their customer service.

Can you do anything about the community lock box to find out of it was delivered to someone else?

Last edited:

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wish I could bring good news, but every time USPS has lost something of mine it never returned. They lost a metal Tatuaje ashtray that was sent to me last month. They have a tendency to deliver to wrong houses, way more than is excusable. That whole reading numbers thing is tricky I guess...

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Had three packages go missing while we were in our temp apartments with same type of community mail box. All three times the neighbors came forward and have to front office. Hope they do a return to sender or give back to your delivery guy!

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Had a package to E go missing couple weeks ago.

Figure at some point someone looked at the padded envelope and figured there was something of value inside. But afaik, neither of us has seen it so far...

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I hate USPS issues.

ONE time the missing package actually showed up correctly a month later. Was weird.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Of course this won't apply to all Cases but as the economy declines for the average joe, theft goes up. For handlers of all kinds (baggage, mail, money) these "mistakes" increase if something is perceived to have value. Even robberies petty thefts and smash and grabs are being done by people that don't normally steal or fit the profile. All you can do is insure when necessary. Also people send cash and passports in padded envelopes so I'd think they might be extra tempting.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
My mailbox is in a central location also. I know sometimes even tho tje dc# says delivered that it wont be in my box till monday. Ive been told that mail is sometimes delivered to the PO after the mail lady has left to deliver mail.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Ditto ^^^^

Sometimes they also forget to leave a slip and it sits at the local PO. I would wait and see if it gets delivered tomorrow and if not call or visit your local PO with the tracking number and see what's up.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Update/ Happy ending. The package has been found!! On my way out to work this morning I cruised by the mail box area to check one more time. On A whim I decided to check the mail boxes that are used for the packages. They all still had the keys in them so none were in use... Or so it seemed. The third "empty" one I opened had my package in it. So the mail dude I guess put the package in it and didn't put the key in my mail box, or someone else got it and just put it back. Either way the mystery is solved and the cigars are safe in their new home. So the second part of this is I will see how long it takes for the Post Office to call me. If at all.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Awesome, glad you found them. I worked for UPS for 7.5 years and sometimes mistakes do happen when you are being pushed to do 22+ stops and hour.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Update/ Happy ending. The package has been found!! On my way out to work this morning I cruised by the mail box area to check one more time. On A whim I decided to check the mail boxes that are used for the packages. They all still had the keys in them so none were in use... Or so it seemed. The third "empty" one I opened had my package in it. So the mail dude I guess put the package in it and didn't put the key in my mail box, or someone else got it and just put it back. Either way the mystery is solved and the cigars are safe in their new home. So the second part of this is I will see how long it takes for the Post Office to call me. If at all.
Good news, I was just checking the tracking and about to make a call on our end regarding this. You will probably receive a call in the next few weeks telling you the same info you can get via the DC number. I honestly think the PO doesn't make any effort to make things right, probably a big part of why they are struggling so bad.... they just don't care at the upper levels.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Call the retailer, they'll ship you another--it happens a lot, sadly. I've had this happen to me a couple times, whether an honest mistake or not, I hope somebody enjoys the cigars, lol.