What's new

Lost cigars/U.S. Postal Service

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey thanks for that Craig. I'm glad I posted before you wasted too much time on it. I agree with on postal service. I'm going UPS or FEDEX from now on.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Within the past year or so, I have noticed that USPS routinely updates status of parcels to "delivered" one, two, and sometimes 3 days before they actually deliver. It probably has something to do with their staffing cutbacks and money issues. I use UPS now whenever possible. I"m glad you got your stash zama :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lucky guy, if I knew who the person was that put them back I'd def find a way to say thanks, mb just put up a notice in your mail room saying thanks to whomever returned the package that was delivered wrong, just a little thank you would go a long way I bet.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Glad you found them, best way to avoid it happening again is try to get to know your carrier that way they can put a face to the name. A little known fact is the Postal Service does offer the option of holding your parcel at the Post office for pick up that way you avoid mis-deliveries.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
PO ever call?
Yest they did. Forgot to update that part. My initial call was on a Saturday, and they called me back the next Tuesday evening. The guy was very apologetic when I told him what happened and he seemed pretty pissed that it happened at all, and said he would speak to our route guy to make sure it doesn't happen again. I asked him what would have happened had it really been lost and said I would have to contact the vendor and they would have had to make initiate the claim. Luckily it worked out.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just one of the reasons I use reputable Cigar Sources in case my order doesn't make it to my doorstep...I had a $300 order of cigars that were supposed to have been delivered last week but somehow got "lost" as UPS said they dropped it off at my door at 10:27 am which is a lie because they only make one delivery per day and the deliver they made was for another order from Famous Smokes at 6 pm. I'm thinkin my UPS driver ( probably a substitute as my usual driver knows me ) and got himself a nice batch of cigars but CI is putting in a claim and will resend the entire order to me in a week. Gotta love a good place that does great CS.