What's new

Lost City Opus

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Had my first one last night; a robusto, and was surprised by the profile. No opus predraw flavors but only of strong pepper and hay. The cigar was a full on pepper bomb almost pepin like but not as refined. Going to let these age for a while. Who here has had these and what did you think of them??

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I thought it was an extremely smooth, yet underfilled cigar. I'd rather buy 2-3 Opus than one Lost City, just my opinion. I enjoyed it, though.

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I have had several of these and have thought they were one of the mildest cigars I have smoked. I got no pepper out of them

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
opus remains in the "used to be worth the extra cash but, now there are too many good sticks for half the price" range...i found this the lost city to be very tasty and have very course flavors as you said, yet another opus that requires extra aging to be competitive and smooth out.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I had one last December (a robusto if I remember correctly). I actually found that it wasn't as peppery as a typical Opus––more on the leathery, raisin-y end of the Opus flavor spectrum. I thought it was very good and quite smooth. On a side note, am I the only person here who loves the strong, sometimes coarse, taste of young Opuses?

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I love them. Definitely a different profile than your typical Opus, but I disagree with those that say they need age. For me, they rank right up there with the original release Tat Black jars as an almost perfect cigar, especially the Perfecto size (which only came in the humidor sets). I hate the price, but love the cigar. I went crazy and bought three humidor sets and another 15 boxes of 10 just to stock up.

I have issues.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I love them. Definitely a different profile than your typical Opus, but I disagree with those that say they need age. For me, they rank right up there with the original release Tat Black jars as an almost perfect cigar, especially the Perfecto size (which only came in the humidor sets). I hate the price, but love the cigar. I went crazy and bought three humidor sets and another 15 boxes of 10 just to stock up.

I have issues.
Whoa, I know where to go when I need some!!!!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I thought they were very good cigars... In fact on one occasion smoking one of the pyramids I swear I p/u a little casa fuente flavor profile. They are expensive but they are beautiful and definitely have a place in my humidor.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Smoked a Toro today and really enjoyed it. I was surprised how sweet and creamy it was, especially in view of some of the earlier comments. I found it very well balanced--the sweet ceder played well off of a very mild pepper background. Burn and draw were perfect too. Wish I had the scratch to pick up a few more.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Haven't had a Lost City, but a well-aged Opus is a fantastic cigar! I was fortunate enough to trade for some circa 2000-2003, and they are just something else.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I thought it was an extremely smooth, yet underfilled cigar. I'd rather buy 2-3 Opus than one Lost City, just my opinion. I enjoyed it, though.
And that's the main reason I haven't smoked one since 1996/97. But I do agree with Nate's comments about the older ones being much better than what's been released in the last 5 years or so.