What's new

LotR pipes

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first off, i don't smoke pipes yet, just cigars. my wife likes the smell of pipe tabacco more than cigar tabacco. so i've been looking for a pipe but don't like the look of most pipes i've seen. does anyone here smoke pipes similar to the ones in the Lord of the Rings movies? i've been looking at a couple but haven't gotten one yet.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You mean a churchwarden pipe? They are alright, IMO, but I like to be doing stuff while I smoke a pipe, not have my hands occupied ;)

~Eric

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's one of the companies i was looking at. i didn't like the ceramic ones they have. they have a new wooden pipe but its not on the website. the only problem is that its 75 bucks.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Holy Canoli! Although I do smoke an occasional pipe I'm a little self conscious about it. I don't think I'd be walking around my neighborhood tokin' on one of those bad boys. Pretty cool looking though.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The longer churchwarden style of pipes are nice, but they are definately made to smoke when you are sitting down, relaxing. The longer stem does help cool the smoke ... but you have to buy extra long pipe cleaners for maintenance. They are also a bit more expensive. I have an older Kaywoodie churchwarden that I smoke on occasion.

The ones you mention as being ceramic ... are just plain clay pipes (technically ceramic, but not quite as fragile) . These look nice, but the bowls can get very hot while smoking.

One pipe carver that I'd recommend that you check out is Mike Brissett. He makes some unique styles and sells for a very fair price. He can also custom make something to your specs. His website is : http://my.execpc.com/~maddog92/Pipes/pipes

Also, if you're looking for something nice, but really cheap - try Iwan Ries. They have some good value pipes for $20. Check the Coral and Velani Silver pipes ... http://iwanries.net/acb/Category.cfm?&DID=7&CATID=30

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's one of the reasons i want a pipe in the first place. i would most likely be smoking it at my ren faire so i would be relaxing anyways. thanks for the websites. that first one was a bit to pricey for me right now but i'll keep his site bookmarked for when i can afford a custom pipe.