What's new

Low Humidity

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Common thread I know. My Humidity is at 65 I have 2 boveda 72's and a jar of crystal jell humidity beads. I hear 65 is perfect for CC's. Well this is my NC humidor.

I know that I am "Okay" but am I really OK. Should It be a bit higher? And why is it that I have the 72's and only reading 65. My humidor is seasoned correctly, hygrometer is fine. I Put some new sticks in about a week ago. Is that it? But i have been having burn issues with some of my sticks (The new ones) the wrapper seems to puff out about 1/8 of an inch in length right below the burn line. making the wrapper burn After the filler and binder giving me a poor taste. (I hear this is from high humidity) Do they need to just settle? and I need to practice patience? have I answered my own question? :wtf:

Temp is 65F 66R/H Guess I am okay. Just Being anal.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Patience, indeed, Anthony, and I do think you may have worked it out yourself.

FWIW, I have been storing my cigars at 61-62% for years, and they burn and taste great.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Patience, most new smokers worry too much about RH. give everything time to settle. the burn problem you describe could be caused by high RH or smoking in cold weather. Relax, let the boveda do what they do and everything should fix itself

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I keep NC at 65 and I keep CC at 61-63.. You are fine.

Most NC smoke way better at 65 then they do at 70.

You must also remember that cigars ship moist to help reduce wrapper damage and because they are fresh.. This could cause your newer cigars to burn funny or go out easily.. Let them rest awhile and stabilize in your humidor and they should smoke much better.. Some cigars take weeks to stabilize.

audio1der

Cuban cigar snob #1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the cigars smoke fine (in your opinion), they are at the right RH.
New cigars often benefit from acclimatizing after their long journey to you. IMO give them a month and they'll be where they should be.
Worry less about your RH as long as its between 60 and 70'ish, and worry more about where the next boxes will come from!:peace: