What's new

Low-Price Box Options

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I want to start buying a box every year as a birthday present to myself. I have never purchased a box before and the idea excites me, but the price does not. Funds are tight right now and I would like to stay in the $50-$70 range. Right now I am thinking about the Ortega Serie D. No. 8 Maduro for $60 shipped. Can any of you "well-seasoned" smokers give any advice or recommendations in that price range? Or do you think I should just wait until next year when I will have more money to spend. Any input is very much appreciated.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
What do u like? U can pick up boxes on the devil site for that price range of everyday cigars. If u can squeeze a couple more bucks a box of little monsters may be a nice bday present.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
If you're going after a box because you want a box (which is fine), then I'd say first off, why not get a box of one of your favorite cigars!! 2nd, keep in mind that these days 10-count boxes are becoming more common (Ortega as you mentioned, also Curivari and a couple others), which will bring the cost down considerably. The EPC Short Run Vintage at CigarsInternational are good sticks too, and you can get a 10-count for like $40 or so on sale, same with the Man o War Puro Authentico. But again, I'd recommend sticking to a favorite, that way you know you'll enjoy 'em all :)

Also, you can always look at cigarbid.com, you can get great deals on boxes there sometimes. I got a box of Fausto there for $100 ($5/stick!) not too long ago, which I've almost finished now, lol.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What do u like? U can pick up boxes on the devil site for that price range of everyday cigars. If u can squeeze a couple more bucks a box of little monsters may be a nice bday present.

If I could pick any cigar I would choose either the Serie V or Headley Grange. They're out of my price range obviously, and I have really enjoyed the Ortega Serie D's I've tried, which is why I am looking at the box considering the price. The little monsters are also a great idea, too. Do you know who still has them in stock?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you're going after a box because you want a box (which is fine), then I'd say first off, why not get a box of one of your favorite cigars!! 2nd, keep in mind that these days 10-count boxes are becoming more common (Ortega as you mentioned, also Curivari and a couple others), which will bring the cost down considerably. The EPC Short Run Vintage at CigarsInternational are good sticks too, and you can get a 10-count for like $40 or so on sale, same with the Man o War Puro Authentico. But again, I'd recommend sticking to a favorite, that way you know you'll enjoy 'em all :)

Also, you can always look at cigarbid.com, you can get great deals on boxes there sometimes. I got a box of Fausto there for $100 ($5/stick!) not too long ago, which I've almost finished now, lol.
Thanks for the advice. I checked cbid first and wasn't a huge fan of what was currently for sale in terms of boxes. The EPC is a great idea, I have about 5 various EPC singles in my humi and I would like to smoke them and see if I like them before pulling the trigger on a box. Maybe the best thing would just be to wait and see, patience isn't always a bad thing haha.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

If I could pick any cigar I would choose either the Serie V or Headley Grange. They're out of my price range obviously, and I have really enjoyed the Ortega Serie D's I've tried, which is why I am looking at the box considering the price. The little monsters are also a great idea, too. Do you know who still has them in stock?
The oliva serie V? Cigars international has the oliva serie v sampler box om sale for like 27.50. I got the link somewhere if u cant find it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with many above that the series D is a great smoke! Hope you can decide and when you do enjoy your first box purchase!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
All good suggestions. I know there are still boxes of Little Monsters floating around for MSRP. Worst comes to worst, I probably have an unopened extra box still lying around.

Others to consider looking for: Cain F Lancero Tubos ($60), Tatuaje NY/NJ Black Label Lanceros ($100), 601 La Bomba (think I saw these on Famous for like $30 maybe)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All good suggestions. I know there are still boxes of Little Monsters floating around for MSRP. Worst comes to worst, I probably have an unopened extra box still lying around.

Others to consider looking for: Cain F Lancero Tubos ($60), Tatuaje NY/NJ Black Label Lanceros ($100), 601 La Bomba (think I saw these on Famous for like $30 maybe)
+1 on the Cain lanceros if you can find them, or the little monsters.
Thanks fellas, I was thinking Cain F lance as well, but I haven't had the chance to try one, so a blind box purchase wouldn't be ideal. I've been annoying my B&M asking about them but have had no luck as of yet.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Do you want to spend $60-70 and get 10 cigars or 20+?

If 20+. Pepin's El Rey De Los Habanos can be had for relatively cheap and they're good smokes.

Think Federal had them for under $75 for 23.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

+1 on the Cain lanceros if you can find them, or the little monsters.
Thanks fellas, I was thinking Cain F lance as well, but I haven't had the chance to try one, so a blind box purchase wouldn't be ideal. I've been annoying my B&M asking about them but have had no luck as of yet.
Something tells me that that might be changing soon.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
These are all great suggestions, I third the Curivari, especially the El Gran Rey and the Gloria de Leon, and the Cain F Lanceros. They're at somewhat opposite ends of spectrum but solid choices. My only advice is not to buy a box for the sake of buying a box. If you're at all hesitant, don't. Buy what you know you like. I made several, ok, many, dumb purchases in the past when I would have been better served spending the cash on what I know I liked and then waiting for a box of what I knew I liked to be offered at a price I could afford. But, I got to give it to them... CI made those boxed I bought look awful good. Then I signed up here smoked what you all recommended and... but if you're asking for advice on here before buying your first box, you're way ahead of me.