What's new

Low priced sticks

JasonbaysWv

Rookie
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will add nicks sticks maduro and sungrown and nica libre although no padron they can be had for 1.50 a stick on cbid if u watch perdomo fresco and lot 23 are nice sticks
There's a few more I smoke regularly
Jason

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Perdomo cigars generally are a great value. Personal favorite is the Gran Cru. Also, Pinar Del Rio is a very good value. Both can be had online in a variety of blends. Man O War seconds from CI are also a great value.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I cant stand Gran Habano - to each their own.

But, La Riqueza is good, also Love Diesel UC.
Cubou...
Have you tried the two mentioned? I was not a big fan of Gran Habno either but found these pretty good. I was really hardpressed to buy the bundles but figured at that price what the heck. It sounds like we have similiar tastes as I am fond of Cuboa and Diesel as well.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I cant stand Gran Habano - to each their own.

But, La Riqueza is good, also Love Diesel UC.
Cubou ...
Have you tried the two mentioned? I was not a big fan of Gran Habno either but found these pretty good. I was really hardpressed to buy the bundles but figured at that price what the heck. It sounds like we have similiar tastes as I am fond of Cuboa and Diesel as well.
Sadly I'm just a fan of Cubao. :eyepoke:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I smoked a perdomo lot 23 maduro that i've had in my humidor for 6-8 months and it has really improved. Enough that I'd suggest trying them.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
@vas182 can you clarify what "low priced sticks" mean to you? we all have different budgets. if you are looking for an entry level mercedes and we are talking chevy, no good. likewise, if we are talking chevy and you are in the gently used yugo range... right?

that said, i always have tatuaje hermosos (red/ havanah VI line) on hand, and brick house, usually the corona larga or tiny torpedo. and really starting to like the alec bradley american classics. oh, and HUGE ups on the padron thousands as well

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Padilla Habanos are a good stick and some great deals can be had on the from cbid, also Henry Clay Brevas Finas are one of my favorite low cost sticks. That was my golfing staple last season.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant go that wrong with Don Tomas... Cusano also has a line of bundled cigars that aren't all that bad.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As mentioned... Depends on your idea of low priced. For about five bucks a stick, I havent seen the La Traviata mentioned yet. That ones not too shabby

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I like Sancho Panza double maduro, you can get a box of these at slightly over $40, but like many mentioned everyone has different budgets.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't beat the Padron 1000 series for the price... you can find them for around $5-$6 if your lucky. Just beware, once you smoke them you are going to want to upgrade to the anniversary series, which are great, but NOT a cheap stick. If you do make the jump, try the pyramid.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Haven't read the whole thread to see if they are listed, but Nick's Sticks are pretty good at 4-6 bucks a stick. My preferred yard stick is Casa De Garcia at 2 bucks.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So for a "cheap stick" I think 5-7 is reasonable, and oh man no mention of AF 858 and chateau? if you can find the sungrowns they're top notch for the price. also padron x000's are top notch as are la traviatas,
Not already mentioned:
brickhouse maduro robusto (the mighty mighty is too much stick imho)
asylum premium
AJ Fernandez New Worl
My Father Flor des las Antillas
Oliva Master blends 3 if you look and get a deal
CAO brazillia
Joya de Nicaragua Antano

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Im a fan of Nica Rusticas for a fairly priced stick. Can grab em for under $4 a stick when on sale...but then again im a DE whore...