What's new

LP # 9 Flying Pig vs. T52 Flying Pig

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
As many of you know, I started smoking after the release of the # 9 "FP" and was knocked over when I smoked my first this past weekend.

Anyway, as the release of the T52 "Pig" looms, I am wondering as to whether I should make a move on a BOX of # 9 "pigs" or just wait for the T52?

Keep in mind that I have traded or bought about 4 # 9 Pigs this week. But that is just a small consideration if the # 9s are that much better than the T52s.

I have a T52 in my humi from a Bomb but haven't smoked it. (I was thinking of smoking it after the "Pig," but I think we all know that without dinner first, it could have turned ugly. :barf:

The best compliment aside from the cigar not wanting to end, I felt satisfied and didn't WANT to smoke anything else, even if I had a pot roast dinner before hand. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

boltonic

Banned
Rating - 93.4%
67   4   3
I like the T52 more since it is stronger so if you could get your hands on the T52 pigs then I would wait for those. I would also love to get my hands on some so if you have any that you would be willing to part with let me know!!!

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
I personally feel that you are going to want some of each. The #9 Flying pig is amazing. I have a t 52 flying pig single but i haven't tried it yet so i can't comment on that but i am sure it will be great. I personally like the t 52 blend better. It has a musky note to it that i crave and just can't get enough of. however the #9 blend is great as well, it has a little more kick in my opinion and has more of an espresso charged profile to it. Basically my answer is an expensive one....get both :)

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you have a chance to get a box of No. 9s, get them. No. 9 was 2050 boxes, T52 is scheduled for 3000, by that alone the No. 9 makes more sense. The T52s, depending on how DE release them, should be on the market until at least the end of the year. If they do it like the No. 9 release, they'll likely be regularly available until sometime in (late) summer.

Personally, I've enjoyed the No. 9 more, but quite honestly the Dirty Rat might be my favorite in the Liga Privada line, even if it is Serie Ünico.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I like the T52 more since it is stronger so if you could get your hands on the T52 pigs then I would wait for those. I would also love to get my hands on some so if you have any that you would be willing to part with let me know!!!

Whoa.....Keanu Reeves moment. Boltonic, how about a box split of T52 Pigs? :thinkidea

PM me. :blob:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good point. Will a T52 I have do? I am afraid the Pigs will be gone in two shakes of a lamb's tail if I wait for a T52 Pig. :frown:
DE staggered the release of the first batch of Pigs, my B&M had them until June, I know at least one place that had a few boxes through late July. There's an additional 1,000 planned boxes, I think you'll be okay.

i am checking tomorrow to see if the local b&m has them here in boise where i am working. havent had one of these yet
T52s won't be out until mid/late October.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im just hoping they are a lot easier to get than the #9 pigs, 3000 boxes still is not a lot at all. If I can get a box of T52 pigs and a box of leatherfaces Im going to be very happy.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They'll sell out in record time if the entire stock is released at once, I better get talking to my B&M to make sure I can lock up a box.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The T-52 FPs will be LEGEND ... wait for it ... DARY! Seriously, I can't wait for these.

That being said, the #9 Pig is awesome and if you have a lead on a box, I don't think you'll regret it later on.

Steve did hint that they are going to release a Pig every year, possibly alternating between #9 and T-52. Apparently both he and JD just adored the #9 piggie, so I'm sure they'll do it again if they can get the tabaccy.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I personally feel that you are going to want some of each. The #9 Flying pig is amazing. I have a t 52 flying pig single but i haven't tried it yet so i can't comment on that but i am sure it will be great. I personally like the t 52 blend better. It has a musky note to it that i crave and just can't get enough of. however the #9 blend is great as well, it has a little more kick in my opinion and has more of an espresso charged profile to it. Basically my answer is an expensive one....get both :)
I'm definately in agreement with brother Steve on this one! :thumbsup:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Here is a comparison shot of the two of them, side by side...

Interestingly, the No.9 is a bit larger in size, and the "Pigtail" is a quite a bit more neat on the T52...The wrapper is more reddish brown on the No.9, while the color is more chocolate brown on the T52...Also, a HUGE difference in smell of the wrapper, with the No. 9 smelling more spicy woodish (with a tad bit of sweet) and the T52 smelling strongly of chocolate and espresso...

~brooks