What's new

Lp # 9 -- meh

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
On another note, I've never really understood the purpose of posting a thread saying what you don't like. Since all taste is subjective, what does it really matter?
Sorry I posted a silly topic.

I was just venting a little because I was finally able to find one and I had such high hopes that it was going to be an epic cigar - only to be disappointed - that is all.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'm guessing your high expectations affected your opinion. I've had that happen for quite a few "epic" sticks. I light it up expecting smokey nirvana, and end up disappointed when it falls short of perfection. If you figure out how to take your expectations out of the equation, be sure to let me know!

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My taste changed a lot when I started smoking. LP's are by far my favorite. You taste can change though. My taste changes on a monthly basis, trust me I get a lot of crap for it. I would say to be safe just revisit it in the future. Smoke what you like though. :)

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Yeah can't put the P on a pedistal and hope it to be orgasmic. Will never live up to the hype. Had a OR opus that had been aged for many years by the same person gifted to me. It was just ok. Not bad but no where near orgasmic.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ya kind of sucks that different sticks do better at different Humidity. Makes it kind of a balancing act based on whats in your humi. Part of why I have 3 of the darn things. That and the fact that I keep freaking BUYING sticks.
I find most cigars smoke well at around 62% RH, for my tastes. There are some that I like a bit more wet, closer to 68% RH, like the La Verite 2008 for example.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
The only reason I like the La Verite 08 at a higher RH is to keep it from falling apart on me! Hahaha, I love that stick though.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sorry I posted a silly topic.

I was just venting a little because I was finally able to find one and I had such high hopes that it was going to be an epic cigar - only to be disappointed - that is all.
It wasn't a silly topic, bro. I completely understand posting about a cigar you didn't care for, and if more people had done just that, I could have saved myself some money in the long run. In my opinion, it is JUST as important, if not more so, to throw the bad experiences out there for everybody to see, as it is for the good ones.

I'm not afraid, and neither should you be either, to say - Hey, that cigar I just smoked, wasn't worth the paper the band was printed on! (Just to be clear, LP's aren't in that category, though I have had cigars that were.)

Fia

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just a natural variation of the leaf used
What he said. Also on wrapper leaf you are seeing on the market is much thicker so it took DE longer to ferment and process before it was ready thus making it darker than some of the previous years. You should see the contrast between the old and new T52s!!!:hearteyes

Also try the different sizes in the lines if you can. I love the T52 toro and the LP9 Belicoso!!! :ccool:

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The only reason I like the La Verite 08 at a higher RH is to keep it from falling apart on me! Hahaha, I love that stick though.
Yeah, the wrapper is sooo thin! I think it actually tastes better at that RH...first stick I thought about!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Dude, who let this heretic in here?

Just kidding... but seriously, consider revisiting it after a while (and after one chills out with a lower RH). I never write off a stick until I have smoked at least 5, and under 5 different conditions... that is why I hardly post opinions on sticks. Too me, they all have the potential to be good (and if I hadn't had a good one yet, I just haven't found the right time/place to smoke it).