What's new

LP Dirty Rat, FP, LP-40s available from Cigar World (Germany)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
http://www.cigarworld.de/en/zigarren/nicaragua/drew-estate-liga-unico-90012729

Prices are:

EU160 for a box of Rats (12)
EU163 for a box of FPs (10)
EU215 for a box of LP-40s (15)

There's a small discount, and to me in Los Angeles the shipping runs EU30, so we're talking EU245 shipped for a box of LP-40s (current exchange rate puts that at $323, or about $21.50/stick).

They only appear to accept AMEX for credit card payment. Other forms of payment appear to be euro versions of **.

Anyone used them?

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Haven't used them, but with a little patience and a keen eye, these can be found in the US at much better prices.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I have never ordered cigars from overseas but have ordered parts and not sure how Amex does it but I had to call discover and tell them yes I am ordering something overseas and then they also hit you with an fee to change us to euro dollars. At least that's what I had to do. With identity theft and all they wanted to make sure I was ordering something in Europe

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
It is steep no doubt. But a guaranteed source might be worth something to somebody.

Of course, a Brother is bound to be able to do better.

As to foreign transaction fees, that will depend on your issuer. Many cards have no fees.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Those prices are extremely steep… When I get home in a few weeks I will have some LP's for sale. If you guys can wait it will save ya quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have yet to smoke a Liga worth that kind of money...
Now that's interesting.

I have some UF-13s on the way this week -- my first Unicos (at a very much more reasonable price point near MSRP). We shall see!
I didn't say they weren't worth around MSRP, but the additional money spent getting them to the US from Deutschland is a bit much. If it tips over 13-14 bucks per cigar and I'm buying a box I'd pass and get something else... unless you are on the obligatory Unico hunt most guys on here go through. LOL

UF13 is a good smoke, don't misinterpret what I'm saying, but I'm not as fascinated with the Ligas like I was when I joined up here. I've paid stupid prices to sample them. If there is a deal to be had I'd take them, but I won't go to the ends of the earth and pay reduculous mark-ups to get them anymore.

And as I say this I know there are plenty of brothers who would have me tarred and feathered... Ha ha ha ha ha

Edit : had to correct my pricing. Been out of the Liga loop for a minute...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German here. Yeah, our prices are fucked. By law merchants are only allowed to sell at MSRP, not above, not below for things like books, newspapers, tobacco and a few others. There are no sales on cigars, ever. A 3% discount per box is the only thing we get (which in most cases doesn't even mean 1 of the cigars is free). Also it's illegal to sell tobacco bundled with something. There's a Alec Bradley "Taste of the World" sampler out there that comes with a lighter in the US, that sampler has to be sold without the lighter here.

I weep at the sight of cbid and the likes.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
thats a lot bro.. I haven't had not one Liga YET! lol all this hype around it makes me want to try them but i can't find any.. All i have tried was the viva and double corona, and they were amazing! So since I can't find any either i'm waiting for an event to pick them up there.. maybe you should do the same.. plus it helps save more money for more sticks! (drew estate has an app for future events)

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yea, the import fees and such make that a pass for most of us, but for guys with more money than time to search them out, something like this is a fine option (though I can't speak for this source in particular).

As to Ligas and prices, it's all subjective. Some guys think $25 for a new Davidoff LE they haven't tried yet is a no-brainer, other guys laugh at those guys, and for others (like myself) it just totally depends on the cigar. I'd prefer to pay $5/stick for my favorite cigars, obviously, but if I really love something I will pay for it as an occasional treat. For me, The Liga UF-13s, FFPs, and L40s are worth the relatively high MSRP to me personally, as would the UF-4s and Ratzillas if they'd ever release them. It's just that at those prices, I can't smoke them as often as I'd like.