What's new

LP JD #4 Pre-Production Review

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Alright...so I was lucky enough to snag two of these pretty little ladies about 2 weeks ago from an unnamed botler who works for a retailer who was really close to winning bom this month who's first name starts with "T". His identity will be kept secret. I kept one and told myself I would have to review it this month no matter what...so here it is!

Once again...no cameras due to wife...but taking pics on cell and will try that. They suck...but they will give you an idea...

So here we go...I did not do really any research on it because I wanted to form my own opinion on the smoke. All I know is that it is a pre-production stick from JD himself. That is all I know...

Apperance:
Looks to be 6" by 52 if I was a betting man. Dark oily wrapper with the look or a nice touch of mat to ensure it is not too shiny. Double cap with no veins holes or imperfections by any means. Very sexy stick indeed...I would buy it if it was sitting in a shop unbanded with no name on it just to try.

Prelight:
I messed up the cut a bit (no comments about my Xikar Hendy)...but corrected it. Pre-light draw is a bit tight but should not effect the burn too much. Just enough to know it will smoke a bit longer...and I do not mind one bit! Not a lot of tastes rolling through the prelight...a bit of tobacco...a bit of spice...but nothing that slaps you in the face.

1/3:
Wow...nice mild stick! From the looks of it you would not have picked that up. Just a real nice mild coffee, nutmeg and tobacco taste. There are hints of spice here and there...but a real nice mellow texture to it. Good thus far...

2/3:
Well imagine you went on a date with his hot chick who dresses and talks like a librarian. By this point of the date you would have had dinner and really had nothing to talk about but you still enjoyed her company a bit. Well...she imagine now that she just asked you if you would be interested in going to her house to watch football while she gives ya a bj'r. Yup...there is the LP I love. Nice solid hit of spice with the after tones of mocha and chocolate. The taste is a little piggy-esque...but not really. Almost like you know it is a pork product...but not fully committed. The burn was great too until I let it go out when my neighbor came over to talk. Ash has been steadily falling off about ever .5 to .75".

3/3:
Spice dips of a bit. More of the mocha taste coming back and the whole cigar is kind of wrapping around now. Bringing back the original smoothness with bits here and there of the coffee/mocha and nutmeg tastes. Also still has a bit o spice...Nice finish.

I like the stick a lot! Very nice well rounded cigar! Now dont get me wrong...I would not put it up there with a FP...but still really good! I am a big fan of the LPs and this will be on the roster! That you again un-named BOTLer who got me hooked up with these! They are great!

Thanks to all who read! I will try to get up pics soon! Thanks fellas!

Remember BBE...BIGGEST BOMB EVER! Click below!!!! Thanks!

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Thanks for sharing your experience! i got some of these coming my way. I can't wait to smoke/review one!

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks for the review. Heard a little about these even down here in So. MS. Guess it will be yet another stick I will have to wait for along with the Dirty Rat. Maybe that guy that guy who runs the Smoldering Foliage in IL, I think his name is Jim will have them soon.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was definitely lacking something when I started smoking! BOTL should be in the cigar smokers hand book! Great Post! LoL I thought I was doing something when I had my first Cohiba??

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Lol! Glad you all liked it! I had to polish off the review at about 2 inch mark because my wife was home and was unloading about here day. That last 2 inches lasted atleast another 20 mins and was really good! Thanks again!

klipsch

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Glad somebody else did a review on these. I kind of had mixed emotions on the cigar, but thought it fell somewhere in between the Liga #9 and the T-52. Personally...I thought the cigar had more punch out of the gate than this review stated...but as fresh as these are, I'm not surprised that I may have picked up some differences.
Sorry for the lack of quality pics. I'm still learning how to use my EVO, and had no idea how to properly use the camera when I got to the shop. I would have preferred to be able to enjoy this stick by myself at home...but when somebody hands you a rarity to smoke...you do what you have to do. I think a lot of folks are going to really like this blend when it finally hits the streets. :thumbsup:

Attachments