What's new

Lucky Find

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
On the way to work yesterday, I decided to stop in a new discount cigarette store that has a sign, "Fine Cigars," prominently displayed on the front of the building. I am very loyal to my "Home" cigar shop, but I do go to others to look for brands my shop doesn't carry. Being curious and ever the cigar-hunter, I just had to see how "Fine" a cigar that type of place would have. Expecting to find over-priced Macanoodles and JR Ultimates in a counter display, what I found instead was a walk-in that was astoundingly well-stocked. I could not believe the selection.

I acclimated myself to their layout and made, literally, a handfull of selections.

Then, "It" happened.

I gave the place a last glance and, under a shelf, a box caught my eye. I could not see what the brand was, but the cello on the sticks was definately yellowed. I bent down and it was a box of El Rey del Mundo Coronations, with only 8 out of the 20 taken. I closed the box, picked it up and flipped it over and what does the date show?? June 5, 2002.

This place has only been open a few months, so I have no clue how they got these, but neither did they. All the other ERDM's were recent. These were priced for only $3.00 a piece to boot, and these are some big-ass cigars. When I took it to the counter to buy it, I remarked on the fact that they were 3 years since being boxed and they looked at me like I was talking Swahili (Though it may have just been that English was still new to them. I Dunno.)

I know these are not the oldest sticks in the world, but cool crap like that almost never happens to me, so I had to share with y'all.

The Doofmeister

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's great! I have a store like that by my house, I was completely suprised at how much they had.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Seamus said:
Nice find. Most of the stores like that near me have dried out crap.
I can recall a store up in North Jersey that had a humidity problem