What's new

lunch with Jorge Padron

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Our cigar club is having lunch with Jorge Padron at the Palm today. We do this every year. I just tried the new size 64 anni. maduro, Nice smoke.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
Our cigar club is having lunch with Jorge Padron at the Palm today. We do this every year. I just tried the new size 64 anni. maduro, Nice smoke.

I would rather have lunch with Bruce ROFLMAO..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that you might mean the new 1926 40th Torp. Not aware of any new Padron 1964 Anniversario cigar.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Versacorp said:
Think that you might mean the new 1926 40th Torp. Not aware of any new Padron 1964 Anniversario cigar.
Anniversary not Anniverserio Scott :smt110 . And I also haven't heard about a new '64 size.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cliff - go to your room!

BTW, I have the original band (anniversario) one junior! hehehe

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Versacorp said:
Nope, there is a new shape in the 64 line up. I can't remember the name, but it's about 7 inches and about a 38 ring gauge in maduro wrap. The name may be "superior".

He brought along some of the '26 40th anni. torps (maduro) too. He will introduce the 40th anni. in a natural wrap soon. Both the natural and maduro will be a part of the regular Padron line up, with a very limited production. He says that will happen in about 3 or 4 months, when the 500 special edition humidor boxes are all sold out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not smoking Cuban, you can probably bet that I'm smoking Padron. Now you're telling me that there's another one I don't have :smt096

I just wish that I could afford to smoke 64's, 26's and the 40th without regard to cost :smt103 My daily smoke is the Delicias Maduro. I like the size and flavor and makes my Cuban stash last a little longer :smt046

I do wish they would re-release the Millenium. I only have one left and I don't think I'll be around for the year 3000 release :cry:

Barry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
Nope, there is a new shape in the 64 line up. I can't remember the name, but it's about 7 inches and about a 38 ring gauge in maduro wrap. The name may be "superior".

He brought along some of the '26 40th anni. torps (maduro) too. He will introduce the 40th anni. in a natural wrap soon. Both the natural and maduro will be a part of the regular Padron line up, with a very limited production. He says that will happen in about 3 or 4 months, when the 500 special edition humidor boxes are all sold out.

Well that is news to me. Thanks for the info Stogies

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:
I had this cigar... and i did'nt like it.
Call me crazy, or call it a fake... i know my shop is dealing with Padron so i think that it was legit... just a bad cigar IMO.

Maybe i'll get a chance at some point to try something esle in the Anny line... but i'll most definitely never buy it (at those prices) after my first experience.

Also tried a Padron 6000? Maduro... hated that too. I think i need to stay away from their maduros... so far natural wrapped Padrons i've liked quite a bit.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
gonz said:
I had this cigar... and i did'nt like it.
Call me crazy, or call it a fake... i know my shop is dealing with Padron so i think that it was legit... just a bad cigar IMO.

Maybe i'll get a chance at some point to try something esle in the Anny line... but i'll most definitely never buy it (at those prices) after my first experience.

Also tried a Padron 6000? Maduro... hated that too. I think i need to stay away from their maduros... so far natural wrapped Padrons i've liked quite a bit.

Jorge prefers naturals to the maduros also.

They will also release a 50th anni. line in 10 yrs. The tobacco has already been designated for that line.

All the anni. lines use he same blend regardless of size. so all 64's are the same blend, all 26's the same blend. The only difference is which part of the plant the leaves come from. Smaller cigars use the smaller leaves, larger sizes the bigger leaves. (according to J.)
The same is true for the 1000 line.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
there is a new shape in the 64 line up. I can't remember the name, but it's about 7 inches and about a 38 ring gauge in maduro wrap. The name may be "superior
sweet! </napoleon dynamite> a laguito no. 1 vitola in the padron 1964 should be fantastic. for those cuban cigars fans keep score at home this is almost the same measurement as the lancero. I'm very excited and I can't wait to see them on the shelves.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
stogies&hoagies said:

Not the superior...Although I do wish they'd update their website with the new lines they've added. Quite frustrating

http://www.padron.com/cigar_show.php?cigar=superior