What's new

Lusitania simmering time ?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't tell you. Of the few I've had I was never into them. I'm a big Partagas fan too. My number 2 marca.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The ones I have had fresh, start off with good flavors and smoke good to the last 3rd. At that point they become almost un-smokeable!
2 to 5 years helps this but with it being such a big stick it really take many years to make them shine!!!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Try them ROTT. Put a few away. IMHO this is just about as good a cigar to age as there is. When on it rivals the Cohiba Explendidos which again IMHO is the best cigar on the planet. Mine just get better and better as they approach the 6 year mark.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It is generally held that you should give any CC one year .
I like to give Double Coronas two years at minimum,and I find that they will benefit from an additional year as well.
So many people today have no patience for this, and are willing to accept a diminished experience.
Also, there is much to be said for anticipation,which is nearly a dead subject these days.

Just the experience of this crustacean..............47 years a cigar smoker....:cautious::shifty:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I got a box a year ago, smoked one and it was really wet. I had trouble keeping it lit and draw issues.

They have been sitting for a year at 65 I hope to have one friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bought a box of 25 last year they are JUL17. I had a few last summer on vacation, which I really enjoyed. The other 22 are at the bottom of my humidor, not because I am trying to age them, but I just don't smoke big cigars much. So aging thru neglect? I have no doubt they will be better the next time I grab one, which will be awhile because I have some other big smokes I want to try first.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got 2 in the mail today. I’ll smoke 1 tonight and the other in 5 years. I’ll update this thread when I have the results.

Havanaaddict

Mr. Salomones
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It is generally held that you should give any CC one year .
I like to give Double Coronas two years at minimum,and I find that they will benefit from an additional year as well.
So many people today have no patience for this, and are willing to accept a diminished experience.
Also, there is much to be said for anticipation,which is nearly a dead subject these days.

Just the experience of this crustacean..............47 years a cigar smoker....:cautious::shifty:
LOL That's why I just try to buy them after someone else aged them for me!!! I have some 98's form a 50 cab that are very nice:woot:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Having had boxes of these over the last 15 years ( first one was in 2014...I smoked it ROTT and it was good but the last 1/3 turned into a wrestling match of flavors...a little on the harsh side which meant I had to 'hoover' the thing to keep it lit and that burns the tobacco where it turns hotter )

I rested the rest and took one out in a year...much better and then at 2 years 'mo better'....this is a big momma of a cigar so it's got to acclimate to YOUR humidor preferences ( mine..65%) and it is an exquisite cigar if you have about 2-3 hours of your life uninterrupted where the Wife/GF isn't harping at you to take out the garbage, clean the garage, get rid of that GD smell of your cigar in the garage, quit being an a-hole....I'll do the other things but I draw the line at being an a-hole.

As usual...smoke what you want when you want as big as you want. I like my cigars at their best so everybody else is free to so otherwise.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I got a box a year ago, smoked one and it was really wet. I had trouble keeping it lit and draw issues.

They have been sitting for a year at 65 I hope to have one friday.

Great cigar after s year at 63-65% smoking very well. Tasty cigar going to buy a box of '18 to put a way because these are going to get smoked.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For a box of 25 count:
Take 5 out and put the rest away
Smoke 1 per year
Pull the next 5 out and repeat and repeat
Take notes throughout so you can see how the cigar changes over time.

For me, Lusis at the 10 year mark are fantastic. Good ROTT but a very different experience at the 10 year+ mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk