What's new

Luxury/splurge cigar?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey y'all. I think I'm going to buy a 5-10er of some super high-end sticks to celebrate this year's accomplishments and meaningful experiences. Was considering some 1926s (which I've tried and LOVED of course) or some Opus Xs (never tried but I'm a huge Fuente fanboy). Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Hey y'all. I think I'm going to buy a 5-10er of some super high-end sticks to celebrate this year's accomplishments and meaningful experiences. Was considering some 1926s (which I've tried and LOVED of course) or some Opus Xs (never tried but I'm a huge Fuente fanboy). Thoughts? Other suggestions?
I agree with the 1926's. Great smokes.

I'm a Fuente fanboy too, but can't smoke young Opus X's anymore for some reason. Just way too overpowering for my palate. I just bought a box of Casa Cuba Doble Cincos though. Excellent Fuente smokes and reasonably priced. Just really hard to find.

Don Carlos Lanceros are great too, but on the pricier side if your splurging.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree with the 1926's. Great smokes.

I'm a Fuente fanboy too, but can't smoke young Opus X's anymore for some reason. Just way too overpowering for my palate. I just bought a box of Casa Cuba Doble Cincos though. Excellent Fuente smokes and reasonably priced. Just really hard to find.

Don Carlos Lanceros are great too, but on the pricier side if your splurging.

Thanks! I'm actually cool with buying an Opus or two to age. Maybe I'll do that with the expectation of smoking them end of 2022.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
If you enjoy the 1926, the Family reserve sampler is an easy way to try some of pardons best (Maduro or natural)

Lost city’s are usually available in the 5-pk And don’t need any down time to smoke well.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you enjoy the 1926, the Family reserve sampler is an easy way to try some of pardons best (Maduro or natural)

Lost city’s are usually available in the 5-pk And don’t need any down time to smoke well.

Thanks!

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Padron 45th Maduro is always one of my favorite splurge sticks. Davidoff Year of the Tiger is probably one of the best "Year of" to come out of Davidoff in awhile. The Winston Churchill Late Hour is also a good smoke as well as the Nicaragua Diadema. Daughters of the Wind is a good one. Plasencia has been putting out some awesome stuff, especially the Alma Fuerte which had been mentioned (Salamon size is the best). Opus X, Anejo, Don Carlos Aniversario, or Casa Fuente are always solid choices. Ashton ESG always good as well.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think your initial plan was spot on. It’s been said a few times but the 1926 is great for a splurge thats easy to find. I have not tried the Lost City others have recommended but you can’t go wrong with anything in the OpusX line.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks! I'm actually cool with buying an Opus or two to age. Maybe I'll do that with the expectation of smoking them end of 2022.
Just don't get tied up chasing the rare and special edition Opus. They can be way over priced. A regular Opus X laid down until next Christmas will do you right.

For higher end stuff a Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Decadas or Numero Uno is something a little different.

Ashton ESG is another really good smoke that is often overlooked. It was blended by Carlos Fuente Jr.

I have heard really good things about Atabey but at $25 for a short robusto, I haven't jumped in yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice links.

Personally wouldn't drop the money on the Davidoff sampler. I splurged and bought a bunch of different ones, and none of them were particularly enjoyable, and especially not for their price.

The Yamasa is the only exception, loved that one.

Also enjoy most of the Zinos though

Just my experience and opinion

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just don't get tied up chasing the rare and special edition Opus. They can be way over priced. A regular Opus X laid down until next Christmas will do you right.

For higher end stuff a Joya de Nicaragua Cinco Decadas or Numero Uno is something a little different.

Ashton ESG is another really good smoke that is often overlooked. It was blended by Carlos Fuente Jr.

I have heard really good things about Atabey but at $25 for a short robusto, I haven't jumped in yet.
Actually just had an ESG a couple days ago. Excellent smokes, would definitely recommend them as well.

Seems anything Fuente touches is gold. I love pretty much everything they produce.

Always high quality and great taste, even the cheapest ones

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pretty sure Davidoff has some great cigars, but the marketing that it ties itself to really makes me constantly wonder if Im just buying into hype.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Casdagli (formerly Bespoke) Cigars. Any of them. Truly outstanding smokes. Check out SBC for the line. Note: All very different than the 26's, which I love, too.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk