What's new

M107a1

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
No logical explanation for this other than "do want!!!", but I am severely worried that a Barrett M107A1 might turn into my impulse-buy of the decade. Please try and talk me out of it with stats on its ludicrous inaccuracy, ammo cost, etc. you may have. Or not. Love me some .50 BMG, and I've shot Barretts before, but doing a buncha research, with the hopes that I make the informed decision not to buy. But it's like a hot chick twisting your arm begging you to take her home with her even hotter sluttier friend...and please don't mention exponential appreciation in value if H-dog becomes prez...that won't help me say no to this.

Last edited:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Everybody I know that had/has one says the same thing: never shot it, and then sold it or stuck it in the back of the safe.

I'd rather spend that ammo on long list of other toys, ammo, and/or classes. You could probably pick several of them considering the price of the gun, optic, and other accessories.

That said. It's really hard to shake the "IT'S FU**ING COOL!" factor. If you can afford it, and it will bring joy to your life, I say go for it.

But, money:value ratio... well, I don't think you'll ever deploy the rifle in its intended role of shooting through engine blocks.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Everybody I know that had/has one says the same thing: never shot it, and then sold it or stuck it in the back of the safe.

I'd rather spend that ammo on long list of other toys, ammo, and/or classes. You could probably pick several of them considering the price of the gun, optic, and other accessories.

That said. It's really hard to shake the "IT'S FU**ING COOL!" factor. If you can afford it, and it will bring joy to your life, I say go for it.

But, money:value ratio... well, I don't think you'll ever deploy the rifle in its intended role of shooting through engine blocks.
Solid post. It would get deployed somewhat as intended every July 4th - shooting road flare-lit propane tanks with RAUFOSS at night for 300' fireballs of awesome. Another good detrimental point is the cost of US Optics 25x glass and suppressor = 100% cost of the rifle.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
If a big bore precision rifle is eating away at you, may I suggest a work of art like the TRG-42 with some nice glass?
The TRG seems to be the finest off-the-rack bolt gun available.

You could also have lots of fun building your own through somebody like Surgeon.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Closing the loop. This rifle was completely off my radar all year. Then the deal of the century came along and I had to bite. Found one at a 30% discount with all the accessories (except the can, buying later) that had been sitting most of the year at a shop in PA. It's this year's model. I plan to shoot the shit out of mine, but even if I don't I can flip it at a profit used.

Those were the only conditions under which this purchase was acceptable to me. $1K more and I wouldn't have jumped. So it turned out not to be an impulse buy after all. That's a small victory in and of itself for me :) Pix when it arrives around the 14th. I'm fully aware its not a precision gun or an investment. At this point I'm simply looking to add something special to my collection that screams "HULK SMASH!"

Last edited:

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Closing the loop. This rifle was completely off my radar all year. Then the deal of the century came along and I had to bite. Found one at a 30% discount with all the accessories (except the can, buying later) that had been sitting most of the year at a shop in PA. It's this year's model. I plan to shoot the shit out of mine, but even if I don't I can flip it at a profit used.

Those were the only conditions under which this purchase was acceptable to me. $1K more and I wouldn't have jumped. So it turned out not to be an impulse buy after all. That's a small victory in and of itself for me :) Pix when it arrives around the 14th. I'm fully aware its not a precision gun or an investment. At this point I'm simply looking to add something special to my collection that screams "HULK SMASH!"
Now THIS is pure EPIC greatness. I salute your decision!

Looking forward to pictures

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
That's awesome! If I had anywhere longer than 100 yards around here to shoot, id be more tempted.

But that's a badass looking gun. Congrats on the purchase!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
That's awesome! If I had anywhere longer than 100 yards around here to shoot, id be more tempted.

But that's a badass looking gun. Congrats on the purchase!
I've got 200 and 600yrd ranges nearby, plus out in the mountains I can blow up cinder blocks all day! Maybe even an abandoned car or two.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
This was the first I saw this post. I was going to say "GET ONE". I shot the shit out them from time to time as EOD and I think they rock. They have a use but most douches punching paper don't get it. I shot at fucking bombs with them and they're good for way more than that.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome purchase. It's funny the only trigger time I have with one of those freedom cannons, was in a 25yrd indoor range. Double earpro still wasn't enough, but I sure did laugh.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I don't know if its only an issue of heavy use but I've had double and triple fires when I was shooting one with high mileage. I'd love to buy one before I can't.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Definitely on most Guys lists right next to desert eagle, 458 socom a 69 gto and a millennium falcon for one reason or another whether they will admit it or not ...congrats man definitely Looking forward to footage ...and maybe a full sized pinball machine and a H1 hummer

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Definitely on most Guys lists right next to desert eagle, 458 socom a 69 gto and a millennium falcon for one reason or another whether they will admit it or not ...congrats man definitely Looking forward to footage ...and maybe a full sized pinball machine and a H1 hummer
Don't forget Doc Brown's Delorian!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Don't forget Doc Brown's Delorian!
Good call. the flux capacitor can go in the GTO too lol

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
That's awesome! I'm lucking in that me and my Oldman eat lunch every Friday and go to the local pistol range. Wish you safety as u blow shit up!