What's new

Macanudo HRH Prince Philip

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This review originally appeared on my blog, my apologies for a cut-n-paste as my first entry here, but why re-invent the wheel? This one was already written.....review follows:

Macanudo HRH Prince Philip

Without a doubt, this is a special-occasion cigar. 7 1/2", 49 ring, this classic Dominican-filled Churchill is available in the original "cafe" (Connecticutt shade) wrapper, or in Maduro and Robusto versions.

The cafe version is a delight to any cigar smoker. Mild and creamy from start to finish, the slightly oily wrapper has almost no "tooth" at all. The satiny finish is a delight between your fingers.

Delicate undertones of oak, nut and spice, and so mild that even a novice cigar smoker can smoke it right down to the band. This is probably one of the few cigars that actually goes well with champagne, assuming your champagne isn't $3 per bottle Roget. Try one with a glass of Chandon Brut.

Easy to light, easy draw, and a smooth, even burn with a firm, snowy-white ash, all hallmarks of a truly great cigar.

For those with more "educated" palates, try the Robusto version for an easy start and a powerful finish.

At six bucks a stick and up, it's way too pricey for an everyday smoke, but for those special occasions, you can't go wrong here. I usually keep a couple on hand in the humidor.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
dgci said:
At six bucks a stick and up, it's way too pricey for an everyday smoke, but for those special occasions, you can't go wrong here.

Man...my cheap smokes are 6 bucks a pop! :mrgreen:

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This may be alright for a noobie,
but stick around here, and you'll be "movin' on up" in no time!

My first review was a LGC Churchill... boy have i come a long way.

$6 ??? You call that a special occasion? I call that yard work.
I think i smoke about $30 a day. I hand out habanos at herfs that cost twice that! And i'm one poor SOB. Disabled actually, thats as broke as one gets LOL

My daily coffee costs more than six bucks!!

If a Macanudo is your idea of a special occasion, i think you oughta come to one of my herfs bro, you'll have the time of your life and ya won't soon forget it. I promise!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
klmhoward said:
To each his own.....one mans trash is another mans treasure. Thanks for the good review dgci, one of my first smokes was a Mac.
Well said. :smt023

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Oh i agree, smoke what ya like... i merely suggest that, soon this guy will be buying BOXES of $6 cigars and stocking coolers, before he even realizes what hit him :)

Good review in any case, and i look forward to more...
Put your snailer in your profile,
and you never know what you might be reviewing next. ha ha ha :smt029 :twisted:

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
klmhoward said:
To each his own.....one mans trash is another mans treasure. Thanks for the good review dgci, one of my first smokes was a Mac.
AMEN! Most of us cut our teeth on Mac's when they were one of the few quality made smokes around. I've smoked many a box of Hyde Parks in the day ...

Very good review, dgci ... shoot me your address via PM - I have a few smokes I'd like you to try.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My first smoke ever was a maduro Mac...if my friend had given me something crappy, I might not even be here today. ...Some friend! :lol:

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I started out with Dark Ibolds (yeah laugh you bastards, If you are about 40 or older you have had one in your lifetime) and moved up to rum crooks.
Then got ahold of a Punch rothschild and it was all over.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, there's obviously some people in here with greater means than me....I'm just a lowly government drone (yes, I'm here to help you)...a premium cigar is a special occasion for me, not an everyday occurence.

I have been lucky enough to have a few really good smokes, including a Cuban Montecristo #2, but those occasions are few and far between.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
We don't have greater means my friend, we've just come to realize that...
good cigars are more important than food.

I know a couple of brothers here have offered to hook you up.
I do hope you'll take them up on their offers.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I certainly remember cutting my teeth on Macanudo's back in the 80's. Long before the cigar boom and long before they cost $6.
For $6, you could find better cigars, both cuban and non-cuban.
Try a Magic Mountain/ Mayorga High Octane or El Rico Habano Maduro. If you haven't already, I'm almost positive you'll like 'em :)