What's new

Macanudos: bottom of the top of the line?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Don't like the light wrapped Conn. Cigars, the Robusto line isn't bad. The Maddi's are not very good IMO.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Sure...unless you like the way they taste and enjoy smoking them. Then they could very well be at the top of your list.

Try lots of different cigars to see what's out there, but don't get too caught up in the manly-man trap of avoiding mild smokes and choking down triple liguero sticks because you think that you're supposed to.

Smoke what you enjoy the most. :smokingco

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Sure...unless you like the way they taste and enjoy smoking them. Then they could very well be at the top of your list.

Try lots of different cigars to see what's out there, but don't get too caught up in the manly-man trap of avoiding mild smokes and choking down triple liguero sticks because you think that you're supposed to.

Smoke what you enjoy the most. :smokingco
Nice post. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ratbert nailed this.

Macanudos are more well-constructed and burn better than a number of other good sticks. The flavor and strength, though, are totally subjective. I like 'em on certain occasions.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of Macanudos; they are very high quality cigars and certainly not what I'd call the "bottom" of the top-of-the-line cigars.

Unfortunately, while they are very high quality, they are so mild that they're utterly flavorless. In fact, I'd call them downright bland myself, and I do not enjoy them whatsoever.

But make no mistake: bland flavor does not mean they aren't high quality...or that they're the "bottom" of the top of the line cigars.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Plus in addition to RATBERT, you might just enjoy a MAC in the morning or afternoon. I do smoke more maduro, and very strong cigars. But if I am having one earliy in the day I will sometimes smoke a mild one to start off with.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
All I have to say is that Ratbert gave some great advice.
Smoke what you like, just b/c I like a certain cigar doesnt mean you have to like it.
Everyone has personal preferences and I am with jmatkins, I enjoy a maduro and stonger cigars, but in the morning or early afternoon (most of the times on the golf course) something on the mild side suites me very well.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
All I have to say is that Ratbert gave some great advice.
Smoke what you like, just b/c I like a certain cigar doesnt mean you have to like it.
Everyone has personal preferences and I am with jmatkins, I enjoy a maduro and stonger cigars, but in the morning or early afternoon (most of the times on the golf course) something on the mild side suites me very well.
And with that I had a Monti #4 1st off this evening and then followed with a Mac Maduro. It was a mild smoke, but I didn't want any thing stronger than what I had 1st. .02

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mac's are a good smoke. I like them, especially when I don't have time to sit down and smoke something better.

Uhhh, that came out wrong...........In my opinion (just like assholes) they are perfect for smoking when you don't have the time to sit and enjoy something with more flavor.

That still came out wrong. Dang it. I'll put it this way, I don't mind putting one out when something comes up, and I have to put it out.