What's new

Made my first CC purchase, little nervous

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nobody is against fostering noobs. What I'm saying (and not directly to you) is don't ask on the open forums for sources and don't PM strangers. If you know a guy here, talk to him, he will help you.

I apologize for quoting you as my post was more of a general heads up to others, particularly new guys, who are reading this thread. I've gotten multiple PMs from complete strangers who I had never had any interaction with PM me out of the blue asking me for sources, even after I put the line in my signature. That's the wrong way to go about it. I'm not going to share a source with someone (again, not speaking of you, but we get a lot of them) who pops comes onto the forum with a sense of entitlement, demanding to be given exactly what they want without any kind of investment. Because that kind of attitude is the same kind of attitude that's going to cause our favorite vendors problems, which makes things more difficult for everyone in the long run.

The attitude that says "I deserve to have this knowledge now without any investment or effort" is the same attitude that will say "This wait time for a reship or refund is BS, I'm having my credit card charge back the vendor even though the product is likely on the way." Nobody wants that.

TL:DR version: As with all things that are not approved by the government, ask a friend not a stranger.
I understand where your coming from. Someone in week one with no post history wanting the whole enchilada is not a situation for success.

Basically, my quibble boils down to what it takes to move from no access to access.

Everyone here has been great and helpful and I'll leave this be after this post.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I understand where your coming from. Someone in week one with no post history wanting the whole enchilada is not a situation for success.

Basically, my quibble boils down to what it takes to move from no access to access.

Everyone here has been great and helpful and I'll leave this be after this post.
I think it's good you raised the issue, because a lot of guys struggle with the question.

IMHO, it boils down to:
1. Ask an individual, don't post the request publicly.
2. Will the individual you are asking feel comfortable answering you because they're comfortable with you? If yes, go for it. If not, don't.

Chuck has already offered to answer any questions you might have. I'm happy to do the same.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another thing that pays big dividends over time is to communicate with your vendor. Once they get to know you a bit and they realize you're a good, repeat customer a good vendor will look out for your interests and sometimes even do you favors. (y)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
The place he bought it from is 100% legitimate.
Yes, OP hasn't listed the shop, but I know from the sampler list where they bought it from.
I only meant in reference to a date for each cigar not authenticity. If he debated that long I'm sure he bought from a reputable source

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk