What's new

Made my first CC purchase, little nervous

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Only problem with your purchase is you have no box codes. Some cc are much better aged than fresh. My first cc experience was meh then a 2 year old partagas d4 changed my world. Enjoy but some of those are a totally different experience with time on them.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They look to be in good shape. How were they packaged, all in one plastic bag ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
If I remember correctly they came in two plastic bags, very well packed. Might have only gotten one wrapper cracked at the foot, but not positive.

I've enjoyed the few I've smoked. The best so far was the partagas. I wish I could afford more boxes but I just started this hobby in sept of last year and have really enjoyed smoking my way threw singles and 5 packs. So many different cigars to try, not ready to settle yet.

In re to cc, the option to buy singles/fivers is very limited compared to ncc where almost anything can be bought for a good price in a 5 pack. I'm also trying to buy second hand from people, but am having poor results. I would love to find someone to do 2-3 box splits with.

It is unfortunate, though I understand why, that we cannot be more open on the buying/selling and sources for CC. Especially when I read the other threads by people who buy from bad sources and end up with mold.

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The place he bought it from is 100% legitimate.
Yes, OP hasn't listed the shop, but I know from the sampler list where they bought it from.
He meant that without box codes, OP won't know the age of the cigars he's smoking. He wasn't questioning provenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It is unfortunate, though I understand why, that we cannot be more open on the buying/selling and sources for CC. Especially when I read the other threads by people who buy from bad sources and end up with mold.
I will give you the same advice I give everyone: form relationships.

You can get everything you need, but you have to be willing to put in a little time and make some friendships and build some trust. Otherwise, in-vetted people would show up, take the info they need, and leave, potentially abusing that information and making it harder for everyone.

A little patience, and a little involvement in our community goes a long way.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I will give you the same advice I give everyone: form relationships.

You can get everything you need, but you have to be willing to put in a little time and make some friendships and build some trust. Otherwise, in-vetted people would show up, take the info they need, and leave, potentially abusing that information and making it harder for everyone.

A little patience, and a little involvement in our community goes a long way.

So are you saying you'd like to go steady?

Jk, but Derek is completely right, tons of people willing to give advice once you build trust amongst the brotherhood!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Make it serious Chuck
ok here i go....

Build up a friendship first, i don't want to tell you where i get my CCs from easily because i want to be selfish and i don't want too many people having such easy access to them. I want to feel special knowing i get CCs easily but don't like sharing info.

Is that better Nic? :)

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
ok here i go....

Build up a friendship first, i don't want to tell you where i get my CCs from easily because i want to be selfish and i don't want too many people having such easy access to them. I want to feel special knowing i get CCs easily but don't like sharing info.

Lmaooooo yes that was perfect!!! #cashme

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know I'm newer but ive still been posting here for over half a year. I've created a few threads and contributed where I can, being new to this hobby means I won't have the insight as many of the more senior members so my post count reflects my knowledge to share. I would rather contribute fewer more meaningful posts than spamming threads to get my post count up.

Is the standard for sharing information years of posting and being in chat multiple times a week (which doesn't fit my work schedule) or sending cigars as tribute hoping it buys me into the good graces of the senior posters who have more experience to get access to the hidden fruit of be like everyone else who has to try and figure out subtle clues and website rhyming games?

Ultimately what ends up happening, or at least happened in my case, is I spend more time on other forums (that are not as good) because the information and product availability meet my needs by individuals who are more willing to foster the development of newbs like myself.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I know I'm newer but ive still been posting here for over half a year. I've created a few threads and contributed where I can, being new to this hobby means I won't have the insight as many of the more senior members so my post count reflects my knowledge to share. I would rather contribute fewer more meaningful posts than spamming threads to get my post count up.

Is the standard for sharing information years of posting and being in chat multiple times a week (which doesn't fit my work schedule) or sending cigars as tribute hoping it buys me into the good graces of the senior posters who have more experience to get access to the hidden fruit of be like everyone else who has to try and figure out subtle clues and website rhyming games?

Ultimately what ends up happening, or at least happened in my case, is I spend more time on other forums (that are not as good) because the information and product availability meet my needs by individuals who are more willing to foster the development of newbs like myself.
Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Yo I can't speak for everyone but that's not how most of us operate! They weren't trying to pressure you by telling you to make relationships. Simply that when they form, they have benefits ya know? Quality is always appreciated over quantity brotha! You can always ask me questions on anything as well. I may not know the answer but I'll bug the guys that do to find out for you. Peace and chicken grease.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Nobody is against fostering noobs. What I'm saying (and not directly to you) is don't ask on the open forums for sources and don't PM strangers. If you know a guy here, talk to him, he will help you.

I apologize for quoting you as my post was more of a general heads up to others, particularly new guys, who are reading this thread. I've gotten multiple PMs from complete strangers who I had never had any interaction with PM me out of the blue asking me for sources, even after I put the line in my signature. That's the wrong way to go about it. I'm not going to share a source with someone (again, not speaking of you, but we get a lot of them) who pops comes onto the forum with a sense of entitlement, demanding to be given exactly what they want without any kind of investment. Because that kind of attitude is the same kind of attitude that's going to cause our favorite vendors problems, which makes things more difficult for everyone in the long run.

The attitude that says "I deserve to have this knowledge now without any investment or effort" is the same attitude that will say "This wait time for a reship or refund is BS, I'm having my credit card charge back the vendor even though the product is likely on the way." Nobody wants that.

TL:DR version: As with all things that are not approved by the government, ask a friend not a stranger.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok here i go....

I knew I shouldn't have told you about my go to vendor! :sour:

:D