What's new

Mag 46 Codes

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Though I’ve generally loved the Mag 46 I’ve had, samples from a few batches of 17/18 production seemed to depart from the average trend of excellence across the Marcas from that period.
Damn near fireproof wrappers and some mediocre flavors...
Anyone notice any particularly good or bad batches / codes for 17/18/19?

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've got my 1st box (so nothing to compare to) it's 5/19 and it's actually the best looking CCs I own. The 1st one I had was super rich flavor, one of the best CC's I've had but since they have had time to rest in my coolador at 68 degrees around 65% humidity with boveda I have had burn/draw issues since the 1st on 2 out of next 3. I suspected it was a humidity issue, one was plugged almost completely, another had a really poor draw. All of them still had the rich flavor when I could get a draw. So no issues with flavor just either some type of rolling issue (causing the draw problems) or they need a little more time to rest, maybe 65% is too high for them...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My box(sadly only a few left now :C) was "bre ago 17" and they were pretty good imo! But that being said, i havent had so many codes that I have a lot to compare to I guess. To this date they are still my favorite cuban though.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've got my 1st box (so nothing to compare to) it's 5/19 and it's actually the best looking CCs I own. The 1st one I had was super rich flavor, one of the best CC's I've had but since they have had time to rest in my coolador at 68 degrees around 65% humidity with boveda I have had burn/draw issues since the 1st on 2 out of next 3. I suspected it was a humidity issue, one was plugged almost completely, another had a really poor draw. All of them still had the rich flavor when I could get a draw. So no issues with flavor just either some type of rolling issue (causing the draw problems) or they need a little more time to rest, maybe 65% is too high for them...
Yeah, might try keeping the ones you’re likely to be smoking relatively soon at 62, and might still need to dry box a few days before burning. Could help.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
ABO JUL 17 has been unsmokable for me so far. Fireproof wrappers and no flavor.

Thankfully I only picked up a handful. The bad experience has kept me from investing in a box though.

iam6884

Layne
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Disappointed to hear given I just got my first box of these in a few weeks ago. Maybe I’ll have better look but it sounds like a longer than planned nap is in the cards.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Disappointed to hear given I just got my first box of these in a few weeks ago. Maybe I’ll have better look but it sounds like a longer than planned nap is in the cards.
Hopefully you’ll get lucky. Some batches have shown improvement with a little more than 6 months. Some could take longer... :/ Hopefully most will come around..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
UEB FEB 18 was the most unburnable cigars I’d ever encountered, but were amazing after about 6 months or so. ABO DIC 18 is not quite as fireproof, but still reminiscent of the first box. If they evolve anything like the first box did, I’ll be happy

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I rarely even try to smoke a Mag 46 with less than 3 years. Just one of those cigars that (for me, at least), doesn't seem worth smoking too young.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I rarely even try to smoke a Mag 46 with less than 3 years. Just one of those cigars that (for me, at least), doesn't seem worth smoking too young.
I guess I got tricked by a few examples of relatively fresh ones that were damn good. Based on those experiences I’m willing to take the risk and rest them for future potential...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m fairly deep on 17/18 boxes. You’re making me nervous now. I’ll have to look at the codes on mine again but I haven’t had any burn issues out of the couple boxes I’ve smoked into already.