What's new

"Magic Knife Kit" from Italy?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
So, my brother in law gave me a "Magic Knife Kit", which is basically a kit of parts allowing you to assemble a switchblade.

Although completely suspicious of the random, cheesy packaging; I put one together, and it's kinda cool.

I know they are NOT legal, and certainly not top notch quality...Just wondering if anyone else has put together one of these?

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yup last year. It broke. Mine was from the Ukraine though got it on ebay. Look up your laws too bro. I know they are perfectly legal here in AZ.

Edit: I am super hard on any knife I carry. I literally have used my pocket knives to chop 2x4s, pry car doors open, stab empty propane tanks ect... yeah I'm onw of "those" guys that doesn't stop at using a knife as a cutting tool. Regardless of if its 2 $ folder or a 400 $ custome fixed blade lol.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
By switch blade do you mean automatic opening? I have a bench made that needs some serious cleaning and lubrication that used to be an auto opener. I even had it in my pocket for a field sobriety test (without an ID that allows me to carry it). Oops. The officer that found it in my pocket (forgot I had it on me from work), never checked on the opening mechanism thank god.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Had a couple, they are OK for what they are. I was pleasantly surprised that decent automatics are readily available here in GA for $50. Just got a catalog in the mail the other day that had them.

I am on the look out for a decent butterfly knife however; Benchmade stopped making them & the few good ones I've seen are a few hundred bucks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clint - In Ca they're legal for you to OWN as a collector - but you CAN'T CARRY them around with you. If you do transport them, you have to treat them the same you would a Pistol. They have to be transported in a locked container (case, backpack, etc - with a lock on the compartment the knife is in).
I own several Automatic knives (Switchblades) - none of the Kit knives you mentioned. I've found that its more of a novelty than a real benefit. There are plenty of legal knives on the market that will open as fast or faster than a Switchblade. My EDC is an Emerson Super Commander - with the "WAVE" feature. This knife is perfectly legal for me to carry, but it comes of my pocket with the blade out - much faster than a Switchblade will do.