What's new

Mailing out film?

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey guys,
I like to shoot with my Yashica Mat EM, but getting negatives can really put a hurting on my wallet. Especially now when I have about 11-12 rolls of 120 to get developed. I shot this over the course of 2014 and have finally gotten around to wanting to develop the film.
Is there a good place to send film and have negatives developed? I know you used to be able to at Walmart and their send off to be developed envelopes, but not sure if they still do. And, I don't want to risk losing my shots.
Let me know if you have any tips on a good, reliable, and affordable mail-in film spot!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
If you have a free minute, I'm attaching links to 2 local B&M camera shops within 1,000ft of each other....yes, you read that right lol. Hopefully one or the other can help you out and maybe print your film for you. I personally haven't used them for film processing. But have shopped at both for plenty of other camera goodies. I hope this helps you out! Let me know how things go!

http://www.berger-bros.com/
http://www.cameta.com/

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks man, much appreciated.
It's sad how hard it's becoming to find a place to develop some film.
Over break from teaching I did some research and found a place her in Philly that develops negatives for $4 or $6, depending on it's being B&W or color.
I'm going to see how it goes with them when I have some extra loot laying around.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks man, much appreciated.
It's sad how hard it's becoming to find a place to develop some film.
Over break from teaching I did some research and found a place her in Philly that develops negatives for $4 or $6, depending on it's being B&W or color.
I'm going to see how it goes with them when I have some extra loot laying around.
Awesome. Glad you found somewhere locally to you to make this happen. That isn't bad at all for prices either. Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Legitimate question: how expensive would it be to build a darkroom?

My only time doing film photography was for my HS class 5 years ago. Obviously, they had a darkroom and equipment. But we paid for the supplies (film, chemicals, printing paper, etc) ourselves and it was quite inexpensive. If the logistic costs weren't too terrible, could be a viable option.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Legitimate question: how expensive would it be to build a darkroom?

My only time doing film photography was for my HS class 5 years ago. Obviously, they had a darkroom and equipment. But we paid for the supplies (film, chemicals, developing paper, etc) ourselves and it was quite inexpensive. If the logistic costs weren't too terrible, could be a viable option.
I looked into it a while back. First things first and biggest project is finding somewhere you can have no light what so ever.