What's new

Malfunctioning cigar?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Anyone ever have a cigar do this? This cigar is not going out, has smoke pouring off the foot, cherry glows when I puff it, the draw is ideal, yet no smoke comes into my mouth unless I puff it 4, 5, sometimes 6 or 7 times! I had this thing dry-boxing for two days. I can't detect any cracks. I have no idea what could be causing it to behave this way. Any thoughts?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll bet you clipped a bit too deep and/or you have a hidden crack in there somewhere. Probably in the binder hidden by some loose wrapper. Same issues I have when I do a V-cut

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Anyone ever have a cigar do this? This cigar is not going out, has smoke pouring off the foot, cherry glows when I puff it, the draw is ideal, yet no smoke comes into my mouth unless I puff it 4, 5, sometimes 6 or 7 times! I had this thing dry-boxing for two days. I can't detect any cracks. I have no idea what could be causing it to behave this way. Any thoughts?
An unusually high amount of smoke coming out of the foot and needing to puff it several times is an indication of the beginning stages of a tunnel. Generally caused by rising ambient humidity as dusk falls. Fall can be particularly bad in MN, sometimes 8-10% or more. CCs fare well in these conditions, CT BL does not. Tap the ash and look for holes, correct as needed.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
An unusually high amount of smoke coming out of the foot and needing to puff it several times is an indication of the beginning stages of a tunnel. Generally caused by rising ambient humidity as dusk falls. Fall can be particularly bad in MN, sometimes 8-10% or more. CCs fare well in these conditions, CT BL does not. Tap the ash and look for holes, correct as needed.
Thanks Tyler. I did notice there was some tunneling, but I assumed it was from me puffing like crazy and a seemingly inflammable wrapper. Maybe one of those chicken/egg type things. Well, I've got another of the sticks this happened with, I wonder if the other one will perform better.