What's new

Man do cigars taste better when it's warm out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if it's my nose, the air, or what, but smoking a cigar when it's warm & balmy out seems to really bring out the flavor and nuances of a good cigar as compared to when it's cold out, even sweater weather coolish. Anyone else notice this?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Because cigars are made from organic matter, they taste better in Spring and Summer months than in the winter.

Kinda cool!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Just part of the atmosphere. I'm sure a steak doesn't taste as good in a prison as it does in a nice restaurant.

I just had a cigar at my neighbors by a campfire, was nice but still damn cold out. I like it when its warm and the suns on me and there's no wind.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Just part of the atmosphere. I'm sure a steak doesn't taste as good in a prison as it does in a nice restaurant.

I just had a cigar at my neighbors by a campfire, was nice but still damn cold out. I like it when its warm and the suns on me and there's no wind.
Sure...Mood, your hydration level, what you just ate...The list of things that subtly or significantly affect your cigar smoking experience goes on and on.

However, due to the fact that cigars are made from leaves, they undergo a change during the Spring and Summer months which is really cool...I'm sure this is is a major factor in why he notices the change during cold/hot months.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Smoking a AF Hemingway that I saved for years at the North Pole was a total waste. A Cremosa would have tasted just as good:stretchgr Extreme case but yes, something about the warm air seems to awaken the leaf.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sure...Mood, your hydration level, what you just ate...The list of things that subtly or significantly affect your cigar smoking experience goes on and on.

However, due to the fact that cigars are made from leaves, they undergo a change during the Spring and Summer months which is really cool...I'm sure this is is a major factor in why he notices the change during cold/hot months.
Never knew that. Now I really want to move to Hawaii.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
aint buying it, it's psychological...leaves are fermented, they don't cycle good to bad and back again due to months...it's in your head. Just sayin. :smokingme

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
aint buying it, it's psychological...leaves are fermented, they don't cycle good to bad and back again due to months...it's in your head. Just sayin. :smokingme
Nothing to sell! Can't argue with the laws of nature.

Try this...Smoke a cigar in January, and take notes. Then smoke the same cigar in May, take notes, and compare.

I'll send you a premium stick if you honestly don't notice a difference.

I'm not saying that the change is drastic and mind blowing, mind you, but I bet you'll notice a difference.

You game?

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nothing to sell! Can't argue with the laws of nature.

Try this...Smoke a cigar in January, and take notes. Then smoke the same cigar in May, take notes, and compare.

I'll send you a premium stick if you honestly don't notice a difference.

I'm not saying that the change is drastic and mind blowing, mind you, but I bet you'll notice a difference.

You game?
I'm game! How about a Viaje Zombie LE :headroll:

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I won't smoke anything that costs more than $4 in, let's say 55F or below or 90F or above. Cigars taste WAY better in nice weather.

jbizzle

jb
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
totally agree. It got down to -25 here in January so when it hit was staying at 45 at 9pm I was out back smoking. Still sucked. Now I'm sitting outside right now and it's 70. Much easier to enjoy myself!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I admit now that I think about it I'm gonna have to agree that warm weather makes a cigar more enjoyble . I smoked my first LP no. 9 and Dirty Rat while in Miami and they were stellar. Have smoked a couple in the "comfort" of my garage since returning home and they are still great smokes...but just not at the same level...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know that I don't smoke as fast when it's warmer - that may make a difference. When it's cold I try to get done sooner. When it's warmer, I get to relax and take my time.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I don't really buy into the weather changing my sticks either (other than burn qualities due to humidity or lack thereof), but I DO believe that the weather changes MY taste/preference in cigars. For example, I find that I absolutely love LFD on the hottest of days - I tend towards Dominican tobacco much more in the spring & summer. I've also noticed that some sticks I enjoy much more in the colder months: Tat Brown line comes to mind.

Just my 2 cents...