What's new

Manti Te'o: ruh roh

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax'

Some real gems in this one:

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o.

LOL, words don't even describe.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
dad gum am I glad my boy Manziel won the heisman. IMO, Manti was'nt even the best linebacker in the country let alone best player. The National Championship with Bama proved that; how many missed tackles did he have in that game?

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Well he said in interview that they met in person in 2009 after ND/Stanford game and they personally exchanged numbers. At minimum hes a lying sociopath.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the truth is Manti is gay, the rest is a cover story gone astray. I am not entirely for sure but that tends to be the consensus from other forums who have a few Notre Dame students on the board. Then again they could be trolls not entirely sure the whole story is odd. The closet homosexual adds up the best rationally in my head, did not want hate press for himself or his family, or that type of media. Others from south bend who claim to know him say is just a pure and naive kid, again they could be trolls, either way making up such a story except as a cover makes no sense at all. Maybe a lying sociopath but not likely considering him passing on another (I forget which) more prominent football program during the recruiting to go to Norte Dame where academics would take precedence over football, it seems more to the makeup of a sociopath to take the path of least resistance and greater short term gains over a harder path with more concrete long term options. Just my 2 cents, I think he is gay and just lost control of his cover story somehow.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Man. That is very sad. I am a huge ND fan, and this really is upsetting. Having read everything I can find on this, I think he and his friend came up with the whole scam just to get sympathy for the Heisman vote. Or his friend came up with the scam and Mantai got sucked into it and once he stretched the truth one time he had to start telling lies to cover it up. If it was made up to cover up that he is gay... That is even more sad. Sad that he is so scared to be who he is that he has to invent a whole different reality for the rest of the world.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In retrospect, all those shots of AJ McCarron's girlfriend during the title game feels like somebody was really rubbing it in. #ActualGirl

Seriously, though, I thought there was an ESPN or SI article in which Manti said he met her after a football game so I think the whole thing is a lie, but if its true that this is a cover up because he's gay the story gets that much more sad.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Seth Meyers tweet:

These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.
Seth Meyer is also the same person who said that Hillary Clinton keeps getting sexier....so there's that.