What's new

Maroma Cigars - Opinions

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever try Maroma cigars? I read about them in the FAMOUS catalog and I liked the fact they have a "creamy, coffee taste" - reminds me of the JAVA stick

Comments?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I find that any good, mild-medium cigar combined with a good cup of coffee will provide the same taste profile.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did. A box was $35.00 with free shipping. And I was told that I cna try 1-2 and if I don't like 'em they will take them back :skew:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I just did. A box was $35.00 with free shipping. And I was told that I cna try 1-2 and if I don't like 'em they will take them back :skew:
Ya can't beat that deal very easily. Try one out soon and another in a few weeks after they settle some and let us know. Being able to return a box after trying a few is great. I have done it one time and have used the company many times since (our sponsor, Famous).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be careful about ordering cigars that taste like coffee - the Java tastes more like chocolate. I LOVE the Java Wafes when I want a flavored cigar. I ordered some Cafe au Laits since they said they tasted like coffee. It tasted exactly like coffee to me, not the chocolate/coffee flavor of the javas. I was disappointed with the flavor.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry this is late, but I did a search and found this review someone had done of the Maroma Robusto:

Maroma Robusto
Print the article

This entry was posted on 5/25/2007 7:04 PM and is filed under Robusto.

I apologize for my lack of reviews lately, but I have been at business meetings for the past two weeks. In that time, I have smoked a plethora of fine cigars that I am eager to share with you. The first smoke is produced exclusively for the fine folks at Famous Smoke Shop by Nestor Plasencia. It is called Maroma and is made with Nicaraguan and Honduran Cuban tobacco blends. It is finished with a Connecticut wrapper which gives it a nice buttery taste. It is well constructed with an even draw. Don't call me crazy, but I tasted very, very mild hints of cilantro which gave it a nice earthy finish. This smoke measures 5x50 and runs for about $36 a box of 25. Not bad for a buck-fifty a smoke.

I had the pleasure of smoking this cigar after a long journey. I was trying to return form Dallas when the major storm hit. My only way out was to fly to Salt Lake City at midnight and return to Chicago at six the next morning. After I got back into my car, I fired up this fine smoke. It did it's job and helped me relax. That is all you can ask of a cigar. It did it's job; it made me happy.

MonkeyDan Rating: 86