What's new

Maryland cigar buyers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I know this law had an interesting effect on me seeing as I purchase mostly online.
I heard rumors that it was going to kick in so I bought in bulk prior to it taking effect. Anything I want now I'll have reshipped from somewhere/someone else.

What I will not do is go to a b&m now. I will not support laws like these by giving them my tax dollars.

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk
There are ways around everything. Put a little work into it and you'll find a way to beat 'em. When the PACT act went in last year I was buying cigarettes from the indian nations. soon after I thought I was going to have to start paying the $90.00 a carton in MA. I found an online vendor in Asia that now ships me cigarettes for $24.00 shipped. If a few more states jump on the bandwagon some vendor will set up shop over seas and scoff the bulllshit laws.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I will not do is go to a b&m now. I will not support laws like these by giving them my tax dollars.
Yes the new law is F'ing BS, and it sucks a$$! But come on your local B&M did not decide and create the taxes! Not saying go spend all your money at the B&M but no need in never going there either.

bigmanfromou

The BBMF
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The word on the street is that this Maryland law was pushed by a tobacconist in Cockeysville.

Wow. If that is the case, they certainly won't get my money ever again. I like Finnie (owner) and all, but that's crap.

Hell I should move back to Ohio. Sure, it's a smoke-free state, but at least I can order cigars and liquor when the mood strikes.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Semi serious question - Maryland is TINY, right? Can you just set up a PO box in a neighboring state or something?

I agree that the law is total BS, but it seems easy enough to get around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tx_tuff
Perhaps the local b&m merchants didn't actually write or vote on the law, but they certainly supported the law and lobbied the legislation to support and pass the law.

bigmanfromou
That's what the cigar smokers I've met have been saying. Evidently, the tobacconist has been active in Annapolis and supposedly is the leader of some tobacco retailer association.

TJ2001Cobra
Sure it's easy enough, but even if you live in Baltimore, the nearest state is no less than 40 minutes away. Certainly not convenient.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set up an address at The UPS Store in a neighboring state and have them forward the packages to you.