What's new

Maui Jim Sunglasses

tex

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found MJ's to be one of the best polarized glasses on the market. I had a pair of MJ's for about 2 years when they became really scratched up and cracked alittle around the nose piece. I called MJ up and they told me to ship it to them with a 10 dollar check and they would get back with me. So i did just that and after about 2 weeks, i had a brand new pair of the same style glasses shipped back to me!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'm thinking about getting some MJs. I would be all over a discount for these if I had that kind of coupon, you should totally go for it! Worst case scinerio, you sell or trade them here, lol.

I've been a Smith guy for years, though there are Oakley's I like too. Never tried a pair of Costas.

The thing I love about my Smith's is the interchangable lenses.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've been wearing them for 10-15 years-would not use anything else. They have great service too and will repair or restore them back to new. The only problem I have with them they tend to be narrow in size and I have a pretty big mellon so my choices are limited.

Rating - 80%
4   1   0
not for me, as i also use mine for ballastic protection (another bonus of oakley) so i wouldnt feel very safe wearing a glass lense. all these people talking about missing little chips out of the corners and stuff, all those little chips have to go somewhere. what if one of them finds its way to your eyeball. i could see glass being good for scratch resistance and "clarity" but plastic lenses have come so far now im sure the naked eye couldn't tell a diffrence.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
MJ's are the best sunglasses on the market, if your willing top part with the money. I own two pair of Maui Jims and they are worth every penny. I was a huge oakley/costa fan until I actually wore a pair of MJ's and i will never own anything but Maui Jims. I have the smoked lens for bright days and the Amber lens for Overcast days. I wear sunglasses for about 10 hours everyday at work and Maui Jims are the only glasses I can do that with.

People rant and rave about costas, they cant compete with the clarity of the Maui Jims lens. MJ's are have glass lens, well most of them do, some wire frame models have the plastic and their RX models are plastic. I wouldnt trade my 3 year old scratched up Maui's for a brand new pair of oakleys or Costa's..

Kennan knows his sunglasses. I tried out his MJ's one day and immediately went out and bought a pair. Great sunglasses.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My cousin dropped her sunglasses at my In-Laws lake house and they asked me if I would freedive down and get them because they were new $100 glasses. I grabbed some goggles and dove on down. Found them first trip and also came across a pair of cheapies I lost a couple years earlier. Decided to see what else was down there and found a pair of Flexon frame MJ's and a pair of Bolle's. The Bolle's are in great shape still but the MJ's have really scratched up lenses. I am going to send them back to MJ with a check for $70 ($60 for the lenses and $10 for shipping and handling) and they will replace the lenses for me! Nice!!! MJ's for $70 bucks!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I have a pair of Ray-Bans and a pair of MJs........and I love em' both. The Maui Jims seem to have the upper-hand in the quality of the lens IMO. Polarization on those bad boys is kick-arse. Granted neither pair are glass, but I've never liked the heft that glass adds. I like my shades light on the face, and to feel as if i'm not even wearing them....which is as a good pair should feel comfort-wise.

My Dad has been a practicing Optometrist for 30+ years, and he's carried the brand in his optical center since I was a kid (late 80's, early 90's). They've come a long way since then. Great product, and you can't go wrong.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm actualy in the market for a good pair of sunglasses since I do a lot of driving for my job. Anyone know where I can get one of those discount coupons?

tex

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on my second pair of ka anapali's. The first pair started cracking around the nose piece and also i have notice the pair that i am wearing now is starting to crack. Maybe i am big headed, or maybe this is the spot that gets the most stress. Whatever it is, it is not noticeable to me when i am wearing them, or to anyone seeing me wear them. Whenever i have time i will ship them back to MJ and get another pair. It seems like these are lasting me 2 years of everyday wear before i see an issue.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So do you guys think that, by and large, glass lenses are better?
Nate, I personally do think they are better. My current glasses are glass; Serengeti Drivers.

I'm actualy in the market for a good pair of sunglasses since I do a lot of driving for my job. Anyone know where I can get one of those discount coupons?
Well, for a different perspective, I prefer Serengeti Drivers to all others I have tried, including those listed above. . .:) I have worn the Drivers for years.

Easyryder01

The Adjuster
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love both Ray Ban and Maui Himself. I love Ray Bans customer service and warranty policies. Maui Jim I've never hazardous problem with them so I can't refer to that part at all, but what I can tell ya is that if you go to Sunglass Hut they have a 90chance day no questions asked on all there glasses and they sell Maui Jims. 100% money back no questions asked, and I've heard some stories as to the condition of the returns and they will take them back. So don't worry. Enjoy it. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Get some, they're great shades. The cheap polarized sun glasses you buy do nothing for you compared to MJ's or Ray Bans or even Oakleys...I prefer MJ's or RayBans though, been wearing them for years.