What's new

Maybe it's just me...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I think I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the Herrera Esteli line. I've tried several different vitolas several different times and I just don't get the hype.

I mean - it's not a dog rocket - but for the money it really doesn't do anything for me.

Anyone else feel this way? These sticks usually get glowing praise and seem to be universally liked. To me? Meh.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Not all cigars are for everbody. I have a feeling that some of the guys just jump on the bandwagon just to be part of the mob. I'm not saying that they are wrong but fair-weather fan syndrome.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not fond of the price generally.. (I'm cheap) but I do enjoy the Herrera Esteli line personally. I don't think it's the be-all end-all cigar, but if I can find them on a really good sale I do try to grab a few to keep...

I feel the same way about the Undercrown/Liga lines, though not looking to make this a thread debate between the two. My favorite DE cigar is easily the Nica Rustica over all of them. :peace:

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have smoked several of the lanceros and always always enjoyed them. Have never tried the other sizes so can't comment on that. When I see the lances at a good price I usually grab them. The last few I bought were $4 each, which is a great value IMO. But, to each their own.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I never cared for HE prior to the Lancero. I just didn't find them consistent enough. I have smoked quite a few of the Lanceros and love em. They are amazing and on point every time. Not a big fan of other DE lines, but do enjoy a UF-13.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I never cared for HE prior to the Lancero. I just didn't find them consistent enough. I have smoked quite a few of the Lanceros and love em. They are amazing and on point every time. Not a big fan of other DE lines, but do enjoy a UF-13.

Doug I am of the same mind. I havent tried the HE lancero but I dont like the HE lineup. I only can appreciate a UF-13 and UF-4. Also try the JDN Antano Dark Corojo is you havent. Doble Fuerte preferred. Besides that, DE is meh. Ill try to find a lancero to try but I worry cause the rest of HE was trash

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The lancero is miles above the core line. I smoked a few of the original release and wasn't that enthralled. The lancero was fantastic.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not fond of the price generally.. (I'm cheap) but I do enjoy the Herrera Esteli line personally. I don't think it's the be-all end-all cigar, but if I can find them on a really good sale I do try to grab a few to keep...

I feel the same way about the Undercrown/Liga lines, though not looking to make this a thread debate between the two. My favorite DE cigar is easily the Nica Rustica over all of them. :peace:
Agreed - the NR is a great cigar. I've enjoyed it every time I've had one. I like the Undercrowns, but haven't had a chance to try any of the LP lines yet.

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
I'm with you, I even tried all the sizes to make sure that wasn't the issue, NOT impressed.

Honestly I think they start out GREAT, but I don't like what they develop into.
By halfway through, give or take on the different sizes, it loses everything in the profile I liked.

No thank you.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
This was one of the few times my guys at Cigar King failed me in choosing a cigar. I heard about them and bought a box. Smoked one...hmmmm ok but well no cigar! Tried a another and same result. Left them to age in by cabinet for a long while. WHen I looked again, they self destructed. 50% ended up unraveling and being unsmokeable. I ended up trying a few more and dumping the box. At one point I posted this story and I think Willy actually responded saying he was going to send fresh box and they had trouble with the first batch. Never happened.

I bought few more in different sizes but never found the nirvana other have.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They don't do much for me, and I'm always surprised....I keep trying them, however. It's sort of a mental thing, in that I generally really like the Ecuador Habano wrapper, but I guess that I like it most when it's been fermented (more?) To me, the HE tastes more like a mild-ish version of the Nic Habano 2K.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Have only had one so far, a robusto I believe... Found it decent but not worth what I paid. With a limited budget I get more enjoyment out of many other sticks that carry a lower price tag. I will have to track down a lancero or two to try but other than that my money will go elsewhere