MBombay Habano Robusto

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Vitola: Habano blend Robusto 4.5 x 48
Wrapper: Ecuador
Binder: Ecuador
Filler: Nicaragua & Peru

First impression...
Closed foot, mild sheen, slight toothiness, consistent deeper brown coloring with some give to the body on a slight squeeze. Aroma is cedar with some grass or hay and is overall inviting and mouthwatering.
Its got that first large band that was a bit difficult to get off this time and has the nice secondary band underneath it.

First third...
I had some issues lighting this closed foot. I blame the sun being in my eyes for that. After all, I live in Seattle and we are not used to that big orange glow in the sky.

After the cigar was lit I immediately got an oily nutty flavor, similar to a cashew but not as heavy in flavor. A few puffs later it morphed into a mildly earthy (more on the woody side of earthy) yet flavorful smoke. Great smoke production, good yet wavy burn due to my lighting issue with flavors of baked goods on the palate and a slightly spicy and tingly retrohale. Combining those two with a mouthful of smoke and a short retrohale made for a nice balance and the return of that oily nutty flavor profile. I cant wait to get into this cigar.
I'm going to go back to smoking this instead of picking it apart. Though I will say I rather enjoy this cigar and do more so that the KeSARA from the start so far.
That wonky burn has corrected itself in the first inch. Nearing the end of the first third this is a tasty little cigar so far.
As I near the end of the first third the flavors have been consistent, the burn is a tad scalloped but not bad at all, the aromas are a bit chocolaty and pleasant but not overpowering and overall this is a pleasing little smoke so far. I’m really enjoying this cigar.

Second third...
I notice the ash is hanging on solid as can be. I'm nearly over an inch of ash in the first inch and a half (cigar shrinkage is a real thing) and there are no cracks or bend in the ash. The ash color is a white/gray. I peeled the second band off over the ashtray and that’s when the first third of ash let go on me and fell into the ashtray and not my lap.

About half way in and I noticed a change. The flavor is more woodsy or earthy now and it leaves the palate feeling dry. The retrohale at this point becomes more intense for me almost bringing on a sneeze and a lingering tingle in the nose.

At the end of the second third I feel this cigar fell a bit flat. It warmed up and seemed to have lost some of its gusto. Flavors are there but muted and the retrohale is rough now.

Final third...
I don't feel I'm going to get much further than the start of the second third. She's burning hot and even with an inch and a half to go its getting hot to hold. The flavor is mostly heat and ash at this point and the cigar is quit mushy feeling. This is where this cigar ends for me.

Final thoughts...
I liked how this cigar started and I think it has a lot of potential in a larger size. Im going to see about getting one of the larger vitals in this blend, maybe a Bellicose or the Gordo. I can't help but wonder how this may change with a little more time on it as well. Its not often a cigar falls flat in the final third but I really thing the heat did this in.
Should you buy one if you see it... depending on price yes, try one maybe even pick up a fiver. Its a good medium flavored and mild cigar. Pairing with coffee or even a tea might suit this profile well.

@mel-mbombay - Thank you for the opportunity to sample and review your cigars. Its opened my eyes and palate to a brand that I otherwise would not have considered and you have earned a couple slots in my humi.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice job. Appreciate the notes regarding it going soft and hot toward the nub. To me that is an important characteristic.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
A friend gifted me oneof these after lunch one day. To be fair, I probably should have asked to smoke it later, as the cigar was dried out due to not being on a good storage for several days. I did not enjoy this cigar, but again the cigar was dried out. Guess I'll have to try another one to give it a fair review.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
A friend gifted me oneof these after lunch one day. To be fair, I probably should have asked to smoke it later, as the cigar was dried out due to not being on a good storage for several days. I did not enjoy this cigar, but again the cigar was dried out. Guess I'll have to try another one to give it a fair review.
I think it's worth finding a fresh one to smoke Bill. It's a good cigar.