6   0   0
Wrapper - 2002 Ecuadorian Deas Florado
Binder - Ecuadorian Havana
Filler - Dominican/Peru
Vitola - 6.5 x 52 Toro
Smoke Time - 2 hours
Pairing - Water
MSRP - $16
*Note - the cigar smoked for this review was provided thanks to Mel of Bombay. This line is aged in hybrid sandalwood/spanish cedar coffins.

Pre Light - Sweet tobacco

Cold Draw - Earthy and sweet

Appearance - Golden brown, smooth with little tooth, oily, barely noticeable veins and seams, nice shaggy foot. Band is unique with a Persian rug design. While it took a little more care than usual I was able to get the band off cleanly with no damage done to the wrapper or the band.

Light - Sort of a sweet fatty salty impression. Nutty, earthy, sweet spice, pepper and a slick mouthfeel.

1st Third - Dry peppery and woody bite up front that mellows into a sugary sweet finish. Tannic yet oily mouthfeel which is very interesting. Retrohale is spicy and floral. Light medium to medium bodied, solid medium strength.

2nd Third - The sweetness in the finish kicks up a bit balanced by cedar. Retrohale is interesting with floral and herbal notes. Medium body and strength.

Final Third - The profile starts to shift back closer to how the cigar started. Earthy with some spice and a sweetness in the finish to balance things out. Retrohale is spicy and sweet with a bit of leather. Medium body and strength.

Construction - Easy draw, good smoke production, slightly wavy but even burn, sturdy ash.

Overall - I really enjoyed the profile of this cigar and the contrasting tannic yet oily mouthfeel is pleasant to the nub. While I would gladly smoke these I think the MSRP is still a little too steep and will keep more people from enjoying these. If you enjoy medium bodied smokes and don't mind the price these are certainly worth a try.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441247848.277968.jpg

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Nice review. I have tried several cigars from the MBombay line and have enjoyed all of them. Personally I'm not bothered much by the price as much as I am concerning the availability. It's a boutique cigar so they're not mass produced. IMO thats the only downside.