What's new

McDonald's Tops Starbucks in Coffee Taste Test

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like McD's over Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks. Personally I think Starbucks coffee is too stong and taste like crap.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
McD's switched over to specialty coffee last year when they went with Newmans Own Organic Blends/Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, a great improvement over the swill they used to serve. They and many others, like Sheetz gas stations, are taking advantage of the increased public awareness of good coffee. Dunkin' Donuts has long been purported to buy better coffee than Starbucks. SB's (in my opionion) uses their dark roast to cover defects in the coffee they buy. Given the size of their supply chains though, they'll all have a hard time with providing fresh roasted coffee.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Now granted I'm not saying this is great coffee. I've ordered some specialty coffee from a couple people that was to die for. No need of Sugar or Cream to make it drinkable.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I will always take Starbucks over McD's. I tried the new brew and felt it was simply a way to charge more for coffee. Always liked DUnkin Donuts coffee but not many around here anymore. Brian your right about thier dark roasting hiding defects but I just love that falvor. Always have till the Ethiopian Horses Ass did me in.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
starbucks = burnt, every time, no matter where you go.

the iced drinks are good, but the regular coffee is pretty awful

I don't order coffee at MD's, I get Dr. Pepper

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
For me it is this order:

Starbucks for specialty coffee, no regular coffee. D&D for a regular cup, don't go into McD's

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love Dunkin Donuts cofee, but there are not any close.
I can not stand the arrogance of having to order a vente or whatever to get a large at Starbucks and the workers acting like they have never heard the words small/medium/large.
As far as McDonald's, I try to stay as far away as possible from that place!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have had all of them, I do like to mild blends at SB(the dark roasts can be a little too bitter). DD constantly has a good cup of coffee, not great but almost always the same taste. McD's it is now better than the old crap they use to sell, but I have GreenMoutian at home so I will make it myself. So I usu get DD on the go if I am out driving.