What's new

Medium Body, Full! Flavor

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hey All-

Wondering if some veterans could suggest some sticks that fall in the Medium Body, Full Full Flavor category. It's a new area I've been exploring for a while. So far domestically the AF Magnum R's, El Triunfador New Blend, Trinidad 100th Annies, and a few others have made their way into my rotation. I love full body smokes, but burning sticks with ligero, strength, ligero all the time personally leaves my palate shot from time to time. I usually smoke average 3-4 cigars a day so powerhouses all day kinda burns me out.

Any suggestions, domestic or otherwise?

Thanks in advance

~G

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
tat havana VI, Cabaiguan, and DPG cuban classic. Do you see a trend here??? :skew:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Pretty much every Pete Johnson stick starting with Cabaiguan, La Riqueza, Tat red label, Tat brown label, Tat cojonu (these are on the full side of medium). And don't forget Dion's sticks starting with Epernay, Illusione (gold labels 1st - Holy Lance, MK), and Cruzado. MMMMmmmm, I need to smoke a Cruzado, it's been a while.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Viaje Platino Chiva, no doubt about it!! :agreeclen

For another change of pace, the Avo 787 is one of my favorites to kick back and relax with.

In addition, I REALLY hope the Jamie Garcia Reserva fits in this category as well......which is why I went all-in on just a few positive reviews, and a little blind faith!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
La Aurora 1495 series, I prefer the Cameroon.

La Aurora 100 Anos.

Padron 1964.

Romeo and Julieta Viejo.

Nestor Miranda Special Selection.

And there's plenty more to choose from that I'm sure other BOTL'ers will post.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So many to mention ... but starting with the Ligero issue, try the Gurkha Triple Ligero! It's got that nice distinct ligero tobacco flavor, but a super mild wrapper tames the blend way down to medium. Very tasty stick, imvho.

Others I love:
Cabaiguan (Connecticut)
Tobacco Baez
La Riqueza #1, #5
Illusione MK
La Aurora 1495
La Aurora Barrel Aged
RP Vintage '92
Perdomo ESV '91
Perdomo ESV '91 Maduro
AF Hemingway

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
thanks all def some new stuff to try there.. Viaje Platino is one i def want to try..

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So many to mention ... but starting with the Ligero issue, try the Gurkha Triple Ligero! It's got that nice distinct ligero tobacco flavor, but a super mild wrapper tames the blend way down to medium. Very tasty stick, imvho.

Others I love:
Cabaiguan (Connecticut)
Tobacco Baez
La Riqueza #1, #5
Illusione MK
La Aurora 1495
La Aurora Barrel Aged
RP Vintage '92
Perdomo ESV '91
Perdomo ESV '91 Maduro
AF Hemingway
Whoa, the MK is a little powerhouse!

I find Padron 1964's to be amazingly balanced! Illusione Epernay's, La Ricky's, the New El T's, Opus X Lost City.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Some others would be CCs in general. Lots of medium body and tons of flavor. I know I can smoke 5 and wake up next day like I didn't even smoke at all.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I can second all the opinions for La Riqueza. I had the No. 4 this afternoon over at the Big Easy on Ventura. This was my first LR and second Tat, and I must say it was great. Just like described, it is definitely medium body and full flavor. It wasn't overly dynamic, but thoroughly enjoyable all the way to the nub. The construction was flawless and the burn was razor sharp. I'd say it's hard to beat for an ~$8 a stick, but this may be the case for all Tat sticks. Guess I'll have to smoke more and see!