What's new

Mercedes C230 05-07

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Anyone with experience with the MB C230's from 05-07? I'm considering a couple of options, but would love some input from someone who owns or has owned one.

PM would be ideal, but happy to talk about it here..

Thanks!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
My brother has a Kompressor c230 I think 06. Great car and a lot of fun. Only down side is he blew the heads about 4 months ago. Was $ 4k (not at dealership) to have them reworked and installed. The place he went to works on all high end imports and services quite a few clients with big names. The owner was talking with my brother and told him to sell the car due to this issue. Said that he had seen it before and when he calls his parts guys they have tons of them reworked and laying around due to how in demand they are. He said average komressor 230 blows the motor every 60-80k miles. Just food for thought...might be just his experience...but might want to google and see what they say on the forums.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
My brother has a Kompressor c230 I think 06. Great car and a lot of fun. Only down side is he blew the heads about 4 months ago. Was $ 4k (not at dealership) to have them reworked and installed. The place he went to works on all high end imports and services quite a few clients with big names. The owner was talking with my brother and told him to sell the car due to this issue. Said that he had seen it before and when he calls his parts guys they have tons of them reworked and laying around due to how in demand they are. He said average komressor 230 blows the motor every 60-80k miles. Just food for thought...might be just his experience...but might want to google and see what they say on the forums.
Thank you! Good to know. I hadn't seen too many of those issues in my searching, but definitely something to keep an eye out for.

I'm considering the 05 Kompressor and an 07 2.5 V6. Both were incredibly fun to drive and similar price points. Both with decent gas mileage. I'm thinking the 07 may be a better choice with it being an newer model, but we'll see. I'm test driving another of the 07's tonight.

Plus, I've heard of some issues with the Kompressor's supercharger once the car gets over 100k, and I'd rather avoid that.

Last edited: