What's new

Mercedes Owners ITT

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So I've been looking at mercedes lately, because it's new car time. I'm mechanically inclined so that isn't to big on an issue. The problem is I won't have the time needed to do all the maintenance. I drove a mercedes and debated about purchasing an 06 C230 or something of that sort before but I didn't care for the steering at low speeds the wheel gets a lot of play in it. However at faster speeds it gets stiffer. I like a stiff wheel similar to those found in BMW and Mini Coopers, I also enjoy a sports suspension what my girlfriend calls rough.

My question is for those of you have experience or have owned the following mercedes SLK or C55 AMG. If you could please give me your input.

I'm also debating getting a Dodge 1500 Hemi but I don't think I need all the truck. I've also been looking at getting a used M3 because I like them but it wouldn't have a warranty.

Last edited:
Rating - 98%
61   1   1
I'm useless on this one... I guess I could tell you a story or two about an old '83 300D turbo diesel my folks handed down to me while i was in high school...

... but that's not likely to help you with your decision.

Good luck bro!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
AMG was a great car for me until the tranny dropped out. $6K later...bah.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Stick with the BMW,,,the warranty is much better than Mercedes and if you want to save more money get a BMW with a year on it and negotiate on the warranty as you can get more years and not worry about repairs.

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
AMG was a great car for me until the tranny dropped out. $6K later...bah.
What model year and how many miles did it have when it went out
C55 AMG the SLK's are too soft for my taste
What do you think has a good ride, I ask because I felt the mercedes I've driven so far are very soft suspension wise.
I like the BMW Z4.........But thats why I own one too
I was looking at these very hard but never test drove it. My fear is in texas I would be get some shit for having a chic's car.

I've looked hard at Benz, BMW and Audi.. Ended up with an Audi. The car just fit me better. The new A5/RS5 are amazing machines.
I thought about mercedes but nothing really jumped out on me expect the TT and they are kinda pricy.

I ideally want to stay at or under 25k.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Sue has a 06 C230 sport, I love the way it drives but she thinks it's a little too stiff when riding in the passenger seat. There's a switch on the console next to the shifter. C/S I'm not sure what it stands for but it could very well be Cruise-Comfort/Sport. Changes the driving characteristics completely.