What's new

Method of Lighting cigars

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sorry to go OT, but why LFD? I hear certain brands get knocked around and because I'm newer to cigars (about a year in to really going at it), I don't always understand. I can understand ACID if you don't liked infused (I personally don't like infused at all), but why LFD? And for that matter, I see Gurkha get mentioned a lot too. Why?

Oh...and where do people get cedar spills? I've never come across them, either online or in b&m's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cause Gurkha sucks, bad, like really bad, like Jakove Smirnoff opening for the spin doctors at the Iowa State fair bad.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I believe cigar smoking is a personal and individual experience that really shouldn't be criticized by other smokers. That being said when it comes to lighting your cigar- how do you do it? Personally I used the cedar wood chips from boxes or wood matches. This is the only real rule that I follow and I frown upon direct lighter ignition. Mostly, I don't want any butane influence on the taste. It really doesn't matter much just a nuance that experienced smokers notice the difference. Botl try to go exclusively wood matches, see if over time you notice the difference. If not you might just be smoke low quality cigars Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toast--> cut-->light

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I generally use a torch to toast then light after. I have tried many other methods, but I smoke outside and it can get windy so matches are near impossible and I never get a good burn after lighting them. I have not noticed any flavor changes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, everyone does it a little differently and I don’t think there any too many objectively bad ways to light a cigar. For a long time I always only toasted my cigars with a torch until they were fully lit, never drawing while holding a flame up to it. I’ve heard many say this is the best way, but the lighter does spend a lot of time on the cigar, so some say drawing while holding the flame up to it is the best way. I don’t notice a difference in flavor between the two methods. I think as long as you’re careful and don’t absolutely blast the foot off your cigar you should be just fine.