What's new

Military photo blog

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Searched for a similar related thread but couldn't find one.( feel free to move this if it's in the wrong section) Anyhow if you guys are anything like me, you love pictures!

Started this hoping some more military brothers could post their pictures so the rest of us can live thru their pictures! So brothers if you're in the military post those deployment pictures up I know youths have them saved!

Let's kick this off!

Today marks a year back from the sandbox.

My name is Chuck, wife hates that name she calls me Charlie.

Anybody who has ever been in a C-17 knows how comfortable they are, not. This was our flight into theater. My back has never hurt so much.

We flew in style tho.

This was my Ordnance Munitions crew in Afghanistan! Most of them have moved onto bigger better things but served their four years honorably. We hated each other and loved each other! Together we built the most reliable Ordnance to support the grunts on the ground.

I was fortunate enough to get my license and this became my vehicle for a few months until someone broke it.

The Dog House! Thus place was either hot or cold as New Jersey in January. But we still got our workouts done!

Promotion to Sergeant, it was a great day. More money for my family.

Selfies of course.

Burn barrels.. Hold your breath .. I noted this in my medical record in case I die from it.

Romania .. Forgot what beer we had but it was horrible. First two beers in 7 months.

Fresh Guinness in Ireland!

And hands down the best feeling in the world... My wife running up to me after so many moths apart. Only to find out she would replace me in Afghanistan a week after.

Hope others kick off some cool pictures! And hope the rest of you brothers enjoy them. I typed this up on the ipad sorry if there are typos!

Enjoy!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Real nice pics!
I've got some stashed somewhere at home, but they're not near as interesting as yours, so they'll probably stay there.
Thanks again for sharing these.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I think these are from '99...not sure though. I've got a bunch of candids on film as well, maybe for another time.
Here's me and 3 of my closest Marine brothers. The guy on the far right is now a Major at the Pentagon. Not too bad after deploying to Iraq at least 6 times.

My unit, MACS-24 Det B. Love/hate with these guys, as any Marine can tell you about their unit!

F/A-18 taking off, some other F/A-18's and CH-53's in the background.

F/A-18 midair refueling

Our outpost at 29 Palms.

Last edited:

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
On our way to Red Flag at Nellis AFB NV, ca. 1986:

We maintenance folks flew out on the KC-10 that refueled our jets en route. They were nice enough to let us go back to the boom box in small groups to watch and take pictures. The little telescope-looking thingy on the left wing (your right) was one of my systems.