What's new

mini disc recorder????

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Does anybody here have any advice on them?

I just found a sony mini disc player but it is not a recorder.
My question is can I just get a mini cd and record it on my cd burner in my computer and then play it in the portable mini disc player?
Or does it have to be recorded on a mini disc recorder?

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi John,

I've got two of them. One is an older Sharp that is great for live recording (I use it for concerts & when I play music). You can easily adjust the input level on the Sharp's. The other is one of the new Sony units that is HI-MD (greater capacity). I’m not really sure what you are asking. You can record digitally directly (optical) to both players. You can also record live music directly to both units. You can also “download” music from your computer to the units. The software that comes with the recorders will convert MP3’s to ATRAC3 (Mini-disc format). ATRAC3 is the only format that Mini-discs can play. Here is a good site with a lot of information. http://www.minidisc.org/ Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll try to help. Just a FYI. I also have an IPod which is much better for playing back pre-recorded music (either from CD’s, MP3’s, etc…). Later

Julian

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
John,

Mini Disc (MD) is different from a mini CD. The MD is a catridge type format rather than disc (actually disc is inside the cartridge, sort of like a floppy disc). Check out the website Julian has posted for more info.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
The unit I found was a sony MZ-E40. It is just a player.
My question is can I get some small blank cds and burn music onto them in my computer's cd burner and play in this MZ-E40 or would I need a specific mini cd recorder?

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You would need a mini disc recorder and mini discs. I believe that most cd burners can record to the small CDR's. Mini disc players can't play cd's of any size. The MZ-E40 is a mini disc only player.