What's new

Mini HERF tom Wed Sept 13th in NYC

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
a few BOTLs from CP are getting together tom at the Velvet Lounge in Manhattan around 4-5 to smoke a few cigars and have a beer or 2. Velvet Lounge is a nice place with a fully stocked bar and " Falco " If anyone from this board wants to show up you are welcome we will be there till around 8 or 9 :thumbsup:

here is a linky with their info We will be in the East Village location
http://www.velvetcigars.com/contact.html

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Damn, I can't make it either but please let us know about them. Also, if you can give me a couple more days it would up the chances of me making it!

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CigarDan,

I went there about a month ago with a couple of friends... Am I correct, that they only serve/sell their own house brand of cigars?

Also, the sitting area is small, about 10' x 20', max... Do you guys bring your own? I might be able to join you, I'll have to see as the day goes on.

It's a great place, regardless, I just would have felt uncomfortable bringing my own smokes because that's how they pay the rent (even if you get a beer).

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
a few BOTLs from CP are getting together tom at the Velvet Lounge in Manhattan around 4-5 to smoke a few cigars and have a beer or 2. Velvet Lounge is a nice place with a fully stocked bar and " Falco " If anyone from this board wants to show up you are welcome we will be there till around 8 or 9 :thumbsup:

here is a linky with their info We will be in the East Village location
http://www.velvetcigars.com/contact.html
Know the place well, see you around 5:30 ... gotta stop off at Reuben's Empenada first ;-)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CigarDan,

I went there about a month ago with a couple of friends... Am I correct, that they only serve/sell their own house brand of cigars?

Also, the sitting area is small, about 10' x 20', max... Do you guys bring your own? I might be able to join you, I'll have to see as the day goes on.

It's a great place, regardless, I just would have felt uncomfortable bringing my own smokes because that's how they pay the rent (even if you get a beer).
They do serve their own cigars but you can bring your own as well. I just buy one stick from them and the rest is no problem. I bring my own to share gift etc. By the way last time I tried one their cigars that was $10 but very tasty. Their cigars start around $5 I believe. Their policy is either buy one stick or pay $10 cutting fee, after one stick you can smoke all yours if you want. I have seen people just bring theirs and even get away without the cutting fee as you will probably buy something to drink anyway.

By the way CP is Cigar Pass

NYLaw

Still learning...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know about their policy... Well, I happen to have a few in me Caddy today, so maybe I will stop by. It'd be kewl to meet ya and see Geoffrie again. Maybe I'll buy one of their $5 stoags and smoke my own.

If I'm lucky enough to be able to make it!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Damn I'd love to come but I'm gonna pass. Still just getting over a head/sinus cold and don't want to rush back to smoking too fast and bring it back. I'll wait till Friday before lighting up again. Haven't had a smoke since Sunday of labor day weekend here cause of it. Enjoy though fella's.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I didn't know about their policy... Well, I happen to have a few in me Caddy today, so maybe I will stop by. It'd be kewl to meet ya and see Geoffrie again. Maybe I'll buy one of their $5 stoags and smoke my own.

If I'm lucky enough to be able to make it!
You should def stop by :thumbsup:

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Velvet Lounge is a nice place with a fully stocked bar
nb: They only have a beer and wine license. Port is defined as a wine and they have a very good selection.

Also some tasty beers ... Sam Smith and HopDevil and others.

No ice. Ice is classified as food.

And they've become proficient at espresso and capaccino. Falco and Rebecca have got it down.

They haven't had Manhattan Special lately ... boo hiss.

In re cigars, the "best" of the lot is their Don Luis. Inconsistent. Avergae to fair to good. Last week they received a new shipment. Saw Nelson for the first time in many many weeks. He's been working out in Brooklyn.

And the Brooklyn location might serve well for next time. It's larger! A bit nicer. And just down the street from Peter Luger's!!!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
nb: They only have a beer and wine license. Port is defined as a wine and they have a very good selection.

Also some tasty beers ... Sam Smith and HopDevil and others.

No ice. Ice is classified as food.

And they've become proficient at espresso and capaccino. Falco and Rebecca have got it down.

They haven't had Manhattan Special lately ... boo hiss.

And the Brooklyn location might serve well for next time. It's larger! A bit nicer. And just down the street from Peter Luger's!!!
OOhhhh did some say Peter Luger's!!!! :yes: :clap:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well it was a great time at the Velvet Lounge. A++++++++ for a small HERF
Just one dissapointent did not get a chance to see the much talked about Falco

A special thanks to Geoffrie not only is he a true BOTL and an amazing person but he also was extremelly gracious upon gifting me a cigar that was saluted by all my humidor with chants of " We are not worthy !!! "

A million thanks and I honestly hope I will be able to return the favor some day