What's new

Miserable Weekend For Northeasterners

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Heads up Massholes, looks like a couple FEET of snow are heading your way.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-nemo-20130206

Supposed to start here tonight but we're getting off lucky by comparison, only expecting 6-8". Didn't realize but this storm has such a huge potential impact that they've actually named it, which I don't think I've seen before...

Batten down the hatches, stock up on your stogies and firewood, and keep us posted on how you're making out as the snow comes down

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ya, I'm lucky that ct is just under the real bad stretch of it. Still taking upwards of 18+" here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Heads up Massholes, looks like a couple FEET of snow are heading your way.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-nemo-20130206

Supposed to start here tonight but we're getting off lucky by comparison, only expecting 6-8". Didn't realize but this storm has such a huge potential impact that they've actually named it, which I don't think I've seen before...

Batten down the hatches, stock up on your stogies and firewood, and keep us posted on how you're making out as the snow comes down
Yeah, we're only supposed to get 3-6" but people are freaking out based off the reports for North of here. Noticed this is the 2nd storm I've seen them name this year, but never previously - odd. Wonder if that's a new gimmick from the media! :yes:

Maybe if they pray real hard Obama can save the day! We see how he did it with the hurricane over there. LOL
Stay safe fellas!
We actually blame House Repubs for not voting through the aid, but that's a political argument I have no interest in participating in! :yes:

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Yeah, the House Republicans were the ones preventing southern aid crews from entering and/or remaining in the area. Oh wait, no. Those were the extremely liberal unions. Hmm.

Anyways... Stay safe, guys. If you actually get that much, that's nothing to scoff at.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
The National Weather Service started naming winter storms (like hurricanes) this season. I will be watching and praying for you noreasters.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Snowing in jersey already. They said anywhere from 6-15" inches here. Going to gas up the truck and fill up the gas cans for my blower. Picking up a case of nugget nectar. I love the snow.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Maybe if they pray real hard Obama can save the day! We see how he did it with the hurricane over there. LOL
Stay safe fellas!
Not me, dude, I'm counting on the free market to sort it out. :)

Seriously, though, stay safe out there.

-Charles

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Coming down pretty heavy in CT right now. Wife and son are in florida until sunday. Picked up a bottle of jim beam black, got plenty of pipe tobacco and cigars to hold out. As long as the electricity stays on it'll be no problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Warning: the mixture of alcohol and power tools can result in the use of the first aid kit. the movies cigars and more alcohol.
lol, It all depends on what in his kit he starts his day with, so many vastly different outcomes
Have to start with the smokes first, of course! for the record the kit doubles as a Zombie Apocalypse Survival kit. Assuming I have enough gas for the chain saw. ;P

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
lol that pic reminds me of a thread I saw back in my poker days:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/34/other-other-topics/home-depot-battle-royale-what-3-weapons-do-you-choose-859413/

So you are chosen to compete against 9 other people. All ten of you are locked in a standard Home Depot, that is dark except the emergency lights above the exits. The goal is to kill one another to become the last man standing, last person alive gets to leave.

You are allowed to choose 3 pieces of equipment to aid you. Anything with a bar-code counts as one piece of equipment, for example, if you choose a nail gun, then a container of nails will be needed, so that would equal two pieces of equipment. You can use only the equipment you choose, no scalping from dead guys.

What three weapons would you choose, and what would be your strategy?
ended up with over a thousand posts...lol

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well that's what you have to pay for living up north. It's in the 60's in Texas,but we have to suffer thru the Hot summers. I guess trading places would work out fine. Stay warm..and smoke em up!