What's new

Mixing cigars

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
sounds good, I'm looking to see what some of the cigars will taste like after about 3 years.

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Can one use the cedar separator that comes in the box for keeping singles apart? Any reason not to????
I wouldn't but for some of my precious and rare cigars that I may have a 5'er of, I simply take the cedar divider, wrap it around the 5'er, then wrap cellophane around it and then stick it in a ziplock bag and wrap that in a bundle. I make sure the 5'er has been sitting in a stable environment for a while before I do this. But doing it this way allows humidity to still get to the cigars while locking in the aroma.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
So to try to some this up a bit. If I am wanting to put a couple of years on my cigars, then I'm ok. I have about 75 cigars in my humi, sleeping nicley and humidity is at 68 to 70 and temp is at 70ish too. should they age for 3 years nicley? or might there be problems? CC are seperated from NC and like cigars are by each other in groups. but the are lined up in a 100 count desktop. let me know your thought!!!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So to try to some this up a bit. If I am wanting to put a couple of years on my cigars, then I'm ok. I have about 75 cigars in my humi, sleeping nicley and humidity is at 68 to 70 and temp is at 70ish too. should they age for 3 years nicley? or might there be problems? CC are seperated from NC and like cigars are by each other in groups. but the are lined up in a 100 count desktop. let me know your thought!!!
:lookaroun

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You'll be fine.....

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Yes, to sum up, you will be ok for the number of years you are talking about. However, (I hesitate to open up a new can of worms) I personally would lower the temp and rh some. You say 70ish for temp. Generally a temp lower than 70 is desired to keep an outbreak of beetles from happening. That's why I would suggest lowering your temp some. 70ish implies it can be above or below 70. I would also suggest lowering your rh. I find that cigars will smoke better at a lower rh. 68 to 70% and I find that burn problems become more prevalent. There are people who think that cuban cigars need to be stored between 63 and 65% and non cuban cigars should be stored at a slightly higher rh, but I don't buy it. I find they are all the same in terms of how well they smoke regarding relative humidity.

There are many past threads that deal with these issues. You should do a search on some of these terms and you will find a wealth of information. I'm not trying to sound condescending, just suggesting some research. That's why we all came to these forums, to learn more about cigars.

Hope that helps!