What's new

MLB 2019

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am so glad that baseball season is finally here and we are a week in. How is your team doing so far? My Cardinals started the season on the road against the Brewers and dropped 3 of 4. Then won 2 at the Pirates to be 3-3 in the young season. Opening day today in St. Louis on a 7 game home stand.

How is your team starting out? I am optimistic for the season, but the Brewers are off to a fast start and are a very good team.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Not a YUGE baseball fan, but I have started watching it more and more (since the Cubbies win, not gonna lie I jumped on the bandwagon) but my teams are
Pirates
Reds
Cub
Probably in that order too.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not a YUGE baseball fan, but I have started watching it more and more (since the Cubbies win, not gonna lie I jumped on the bandwagon) but my teams are
Pirates
Reds
Cub
Probably in that order too.
NL Central should be another exciting year. I think all of the teams made changes to improve over last year except the Cubs which surprised me. But they have the talent if they can put it all together.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I am so glad that baseball season is finally here and we are a week in. How is your team doing so far? My Cardinals started the season on the road against the Brewers and dropped 3 of 4. Then won 2 at the Pirates to be 3-3 in the young season. Opening day today in St. Louis on a 7 game home stand.

How is your team starting out? I am optimistic for the season, but the Brewers are off to a fast start and are a very good team.
Same as yours. Mikolas was so good last year, worried that he is going to continue to struggle. I gave Fowler the benefit of the doubt this year, but he is the same player as last year. Drop him, put Bader as the full time center and put Oniell in RF. Wong, man! I thought he was just a crybaby under Mathney, man how he has grown under Shildt. The Cards still need starting pitching, like 2 solid starters. One may be Reyes, but once Waino gets hurt and is out for the season there is nobody with experience. I don’t see Martinez being a starter.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well, at first I laughed at the PECOTA projections for the Cubs. I knew the Brewers were going to be trouble, but I didn't think the Cubs were going to suck so bad. I know it's only 6 games into the season, but still. It's not looking good for us. 1 win, 5 losses, three of those losses came from bullpen giving up the lead, the fourth was a tie that the bullpen gave up the runs again, and the fifth loss was a shutout with 6 errors.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The Dodgers are off to a good start. They are hitting a bunch of home runs again, but not putting a lot of hits together for runs. The pitching is not off to a great start, but I think it will get better as the season goes on. Kershaw is the big question mark again. He just can’t seem to stay healthy anymore. At this point, winning the World Series is the only result that would make this a successful season. Are they good enough? I sure hope so.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Well, at first I laughed at the PECOTA projections for the Cubs. I knew the Brewers were going to be trouble, but I didn't think the Cubs were going to suck so bad. I know it's only 6 games into the season, but still. It's not looking good for us. 1 win, 5 losses, three of those losses came from bullpen giving up the lead, the fourth was a tie that the bullpen gave up the runs again, and the fifth loss was a shutout with 6 errors.
Yeah, rough start for the Cubs this year. What do you think happened to them?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Same as yours. Mikolas was so good last year, worried that he is going to continue to struggle. I gave Fowler the benefit of the doubt this year, but he is the same player as last year. Drop him, put Bader as the full time center and put Oniell in RF. Wong, man! I thought he was just a crybaby under Mathney, man how he has grown under Shildt. The Cards still need starting pitching, like 2 solid starters. One may be Reyes, but once Waino gets hurt and is out for the season there is nobody with experience. I don’t see Martinez being a starter.
I agree. I think Mikalas will be ok. Maybe not as good as last year, but he isn't showing the control from last year. He could paint last year and isn't showing that control this year, so far. Waino either needs to retire or only be a reliever at this point. And we need Carlos Martinez healthy and back as a starter.

Bats need to wake up, but I think that will improve when it warms up. Carpenter is always a slow starter.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I dunno man. It was a lot easier being a fan when I had zero expectations. But when they're supposed to win, and suck, it's pretty frustrating.
I may be wrong, but Joe Madden is almost too laid back. Putting a fire underneath the players at times can get better results. Players seem to feed off the temperament of the manager and Joe is as cool as a cucumber. Matheny went too far the other way and was too much of a micro managing hardass.

Just my opinion. Start boning down on jobs for lack of attention, effort and stupid errors can wake up some players. Guys can get too comfortable if they aren't self motivators.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tigers off to a much better start than I expected. That won't last.

Cubs off to a much worse start than I expected. That won't last.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cubbies ran into the Brewers buzz saw tonight. Brewers have started the season playing great baseball. I have seen them play 5 of 7 games this year and those boys are on fire.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Twins starting off way better than I though with 4-1..

Anybody else's MLB app still showing last years stats and standings too?

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cards are starting to play good baseball and just swept the Dodgers in a 4 game series. Carlos Martinez is starting to throw off the mound, so it likely may not be long until he is back.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Cards are starting to play good baseball and just swept the Dodgers in a 4 game series. Carlos Martinez is starting to throw off the mound, so it likely may not be long until he is back.
Yea they are. Hell of a game today. Dem Bums really played horrible today. But, the Cards took none of the errors or wild pitches for granted (Bader!). I hope Goldy gets out of his funk soon.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah, my boys will be licking their wounds from this series for a while. Hate to lose, but this might do the Dodgers some good. I think their heads were swelling a bit. Now get back to playing better baseball.