What's new

Mmmmm....Bourbon.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Man, the damn shelves at the liquor store just kill me. I love the variety, but it can make choosing, for someone who isn't all that decisive in the first place, very difficult!

I asked for some Bourbon and or Scotch for the B-Day and got some of both along with some cash to spend on said elixirs. As I got a full bottle of JW Black and only a little bitty bottle of Knob Creek I decided to go with Bourbon for the moment. I got myself a full bottle of Knob Creek (almost went for the 1.75 litre, it's just that good to me) and finally decided on a bottle of Woodford Reserve as well. I almost picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single and a small bottle of Makers Mark, but decided I could pick those up with my own cash at some point. I'll let someone else pay for the pricier options. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to try out the Woodford Reserve. What's everyone else drinking when it comes to the amber liquid from Kentucky?

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
My favorite is Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr old, but it's so hard to find. It'sonly released in limited quantities a couple times a year.

Bookers, Bakers, Rock Hill Farms are all part of the menu at casa S&H.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
When it comes to this stuff, I have one love...Maker's Mark. I'm an Ambassador member on their site and have barrel with my name on it (really!). I love that stuff...never can get enough and it goes really well with a cigar.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Maker's is great. So is Knob Creek. And I ALWAYS have a bottle of Woodford Reserve in my cabinet... well, at least I try..... :bottle: :innocent:

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Woodford Reserve is the only premium bourbon I've bought. It's too strong to me but maybe I'm a bourbon wuss...

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Can't wait to try the Woodford, I've heard good things about it.

So really, Randy, a barrel with your name on it? Like at the distillery?

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
He said he was asking for either Bourbon or Scotch for his B-Day. :p

I've got some Evan Williams Single Barrel 13 year in my stash too if that makes you happy.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Eh, this thread's about Bourbon, but all's good.

Jesse, how would you relate to the Cigar Malt to ther scotches? JW Black in particular if you've had it.