What's new

Mold, mold, everywhere!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was enjoying a smoke with a few friends out in the sun yesterday. I noticed that if I held my cigar close and looked along the edge as if looking at the horizon of your cigar, the sun would illuminate very tiny hairs sticking up from the wrapper. These hairs are of course, mold. I looked at my three friends cigars from three other humidors and I could see the same thing on two of them. Mold was growing, ever so small and unnoticeable on 3 of the 4 cigars and I'm sure I just needed a magnifying glass to see it on the forth.

I post this to remind everyone that mold spores are on all cigars and mold exists on most cigars. It's just looking for the right conditions to grow like crazy and spoil your day.

So don't forget to take good care of you precious sticks.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was enjoying a smoke with a few friends out in the sun yesterday. I noticed that if I held my cigar close and looked along the edge as if looking at the horizon of your cigar, the sun would illuminate very tiny hairs sticking up from the wrapper. These hairs are of course, mold. I looked at my three friends cigars from three other humidors and I could see the same thing on two of them. Mold was growing, ever so small and unnoticeable on 3 of the 4 cigars and I'm sure I just needed a magnifying glass to see it on the forth.

I post this to remind everyone that mold spores are on all cigars and mold exists on most cigars. It's just looking for the right conditions to grow like crazy and spoil your day.

So don't forget to take good care of you precious sticks.
You're not my friend anymore!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A while back, I had a small collection of cigars that I cherished. So, we invested in some high-quality hygrometers to monitor humidity levels closely, and we made sure to rotate our cigars regularly. It's become a sort of ritual for us now – not just enjoying cigars but also ensuring they stay mold-free. Cigars are more than just tobacco; they're pieces of art and history. Taking care of them is an art in itself. And remember, if you ever need professional help with mold issues, consider getting a Mold Testing service to ensure a clean and healthy environment.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I make spam egg n cheese sandwiches for lunch fairly regular this time of year. Been a month or so but might do it soon. Mayo on one side of bread yellow mustard on the other piece. Light on the mustard

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It was a treat when dad brought it on our fishing trips because the other options where potted meat and Vienna sausage. There was always a couple of cans stowed away in a cubby of the boat incase we got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Good times.

Spam, fish slime and stinky shrimp, the memories.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It was a treat when dad brought it on our fishing trips because the other options where potted meat and Vienna sausage. There was always a couple of cans stowed away in a cubby of the boat incase we got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Good times.

Spam, fish slime and stinky shrimp, the memories.
Yep. Vienna sausages on the boat…. Potted meat and saltines. Haven’t had either in a long time. I buy fried chicken to take out on my boat it’s like a lucky ritual