What's new

Mold- wipe off or send back?

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
What should I do? It does not appear the mold has spread to the foot. It looks like a decent box other than the mold, only 2 with minor wrapper damage. 20160414_115132~2.jpg 20160414_122044~2.jpg
There is mold creeping to the edge of the foot on a few after a close reinspection

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just wipe it let them rest for a while making sure the mold doesn't come back and smoke them. But if it gives you a peace of mind and is not too much trouble sent them back or ask for a credit.
Just my .2 cents

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Definitely doesn't look too good. In the pic showing the feet, one of those bottom cigars sure has a big clump. No matter what you decided, send a pic to your vendor letting him know. Who knows, maybe they will proactively offer you a nice credit for future purchase.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
i am no expert, but looks like plume - white is ok, if it turns greenish - bad
I am an expert (self-proclaimed;)), and that's not plume. Plume isn't splotchy. That's mold.

Contact the vendor, ask for a replacement or a discount. You can wipe the sticks and it's likely that in proper storage conditions it won't come back.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Those to me are moldy to the point I most certainly wouldn't chance it. IF (big if) I kept them they'd be quarantined for quite some time

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to send them back and get a different box or a refund. After researching mold on cigars I think these should be ok. I brushed off the mold and bought a quarentine tupperdor. They are in there for a bit with out humidification till I see what RH levels out at. Then give 'em at least a month or 2 with a 65 boveda then bomb 'em out. No way in hell I'm smoking mold.

TommyZ

Retired VCR Salesman
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'd send them back personally. You spent hard earned money on them, don't accept anything sub par like this. Was the box opened for inspection from the supplier before shipping? Or did you break the seal?

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to send them back and get a different box or a refund. After researching mold on cigars I think these should be ok. I brushed off the mold and bought a quarentine tupperdor. They are in there for a bit with out humidification till I see what RH levels out at. Then give 'em at least a month or 2 with a 65 boveda then bomb 'em out. No way in hell I'm smoking mold.
If you wouldn't smoke them, why would you bomb them out?