What's new

Mold- wipe off or send back?

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'd send them back personally. You spent hard earned money on them, don't accept anything sub par like this. Was the box opened for inspection from the supplier before shipping? Or did you break the seal?
It was sealed. I will try to send them back but after some research on this site and another this company doesn't have the greatest customer service. I may not have the option to send them back. I am trying to reach them by email. I will call Sunday if I don't get a response by then.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Personally I wouldn't chance it even if it wipes off.

A good vendor with good service would not see that as acceptable and would want to do right by you. I'm not saying it's the vendors fault, but look at it like this - if you bought a bag of salad from Walmart and when you opened it it was mouldy, they would take it back and reimburse you/exchange. Even if it's the fault of the manufacturer, that's for Walmart to settle with them, not you.

With a box of cigars that costs $100+, I expect them to be in fine condition. If they're not, I would want it addressed. I would never be a dick about it, its just not fair to the consumer.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I am an expert (self-proclaimed;)), and that's not plume. Plume isn't splotchy.
Derek is correct; plume covers much larger areas of the cigar. Personally, I'd send them back (despite the associated headache). Or if you're lucky, maybe the vendor will just replace as a courtesy and tell you to keep those...you can really just wipe it off when it's minor like that. I've done it with a few sticks before, with no perceptible taste difference. (y) Good luck brother!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Send them back no reason you should keep a moldy box. Will require you to be extra careful when storing it with the slightest mishap leading to an outbreak. In fact I wouldn't use the vendor again unless you've had really good experiences with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk