What's new

Mold?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I just found this on a couple of my sticks. Is this mold? I store my cigars in a NewAir CC300 and keep the RH between 64-69%.28705754-53C9-4BFA-A45C-01C0D88107BD.jpeg26C5F5FB-859D-41E1-979A-0C04C92A022A.jpeg

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
With the heat of the summer your temps may be getting a bit high for that rH. I know my NewAir is struggling. If I keep it warm in the house the New Air overworks and it stays closer to 70 degrees. If I cool down the house the air gets so dry humidity in the NewAir falls below 60%. Just have to be more aware and proactive

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We did have a brief period when when out A/C went out and the temp did run a bit high but it was a bit of a struggle. Currently the temp in the house is 70F and the temp in the NewAir is 65F

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mold scares the hell out of me. I don't know how it could have popped up like that if everything is working properly, it makes me nervous that it can happen at anytime to anyone. Something somewhere must be out of line. Have you checked your system for leaks? A small leak could create a pocket of high humidity that could be the problem. I've never used a high end system so I don't really know.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Mold is always lurking, spores are everywhere. Even if you aren't providing it the ideal conditions, life is resilient so check in on your sticks regularly.

Was there anything special about these sticks, directly in front of the cooling fan, in direct contact with beads or boveda, etc?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Found some last night on a few Siglo IVs. They were boxed (5-pack) nothing else in the Wineador has it. I'm guessing more due to the confined area. All on head. Wiped it and they'll get smoked while I keep an eye on the rest of the wino

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were the two cigars side by side? Mold tends to grow easier under a cedar sleeve (it lurks until it chines it if hiding). So it may have started on that stick abs moved over. Have had issues in the past with them.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Found some last night on a few Siglo IVs. They were boxed (5-pack) nothing else in the Wineador has it. I'm guessing more due to the confined area. All on head. Wiped it and they'll get smoked while I keep an eye on the rest of the wino
Make sure you segregate those Sigs. Either put them in a cedar box or put them in a ziplock. And if you need help disposing of them... Enjoy a great Sig IV smoking week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Were the two cigars side by side? Mold tends to grow easier under a cedar sleeve (it lurks until it chines it if hiding). So it may have started on that stick abs moved over. Have had issues in the past with them.

Yes actually they were side by side. I’m not sure if this is a factor but theses were both part of a bomb I received and the bomber estimated that they had around 10 years on them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes actually they were side by side. I’m not sure if this is a factor but theses were both part of a bomb I received and the bomber estimated that they had around 10 years on them.
I bet there was mold under the cedar when you got them. Glad you found them before they spread too bad.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I bet there was mold under the cedar when you got them. Glad you found them before they spread too bad.

No cedar in the 5-pack boxes if that’s what they are. Just cardboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk