What's new

money exchange

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have some left over monies from trips to UK and Europe. I am wondering if it can be exchanged at my local bank or do I need to go to the airport and use exchange services there? I guess I should call my bank, but wondered if any of you have experience with this. Thanks, for your response!

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
depends on the bank and where you live. But usually no. There are currency exchange services though you can look up. Money gram, travelex, etc. which may be outside of your airport.

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I went there on business a couple of years ago and I no longer work for that company. Now I work for a local community college and not looking to return anytime soon. That is why I am looking to exchange it. Often when I so this type of thing I find myself unexpectedly returning, though, who knows.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the bank and the state you live in. in my home country, it is perfectly possible to exchange currency in a bank. There are also separate exchange services that you can use to get better exchange rates. But I am not sure how that works here in the US. It seems more difficult to perform a money exchange here, but I am sure you can find something not only in the airport, but that would be weird. On the other hand, Americans don’t travel abroad as often as Europeans do, and they might not need this to the same extent. There are many other methods to make money than going and working abroad, as many Europeans do.

Last edited: